Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

haas mpmaster

mechman

Hello, I have a haas vertical and I am curious what the advantage of using a post like MPMASTER is over using the standard Haas generic included with mastercam... If I use the MPMASTER post what will I have to change to have it working ok... I think I will need to change the peck drill to haas and shut the 4th axis off.... I don't know much about the posts but I assume the MPMASTER may be more customizable than the generic haas and that is why some would prefer? Sorry for the newbie question....

quote:

I assume the MPMASTER may be more customizable than the generic haas

Thats it cheers.gif

You should be good to go right outta the box with the MPmaster.

Any minor tweaks you can get help right here on the forum.

Welcome to the forum biggrin.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif

What do you want to do with your Post that the generic HAAS post from CNC software won't do?

This is the question you need to ask yourself. MPMaster is a great post because of all the extra logic that is built right in. Things like Operation lists, Tool lists, Min/Max. Z depth, Capturing Operation Parameters, and new coolant commands.

I though that CNC Software did an excellent job setting up the Generic HAAS post to work right out of the box. If you just want to post code and run your machine it requires almost no modifications.

That being said, I use MPMaster as the starting point for every new post I create. Why? Because I know 99% of the time all the logic routines I need are built into the post. All you have to do is configure it properly by setting all the switches.

The only downside to MPMaster is a slightly longer posting time. How much longer? It depends on the length of the program, but not more than a second or two(assuming you have a decent computer). The MPMaster just has a lot more logic to run through and a much bigger array of variables to calculate than other posts. A lot of these variables won't be used by the average programmer. Things like stock setup for Vericut, Metacut Utilites, and Operation Parameters aren't needed by 90% of the average users. The MPMaster post will still build these variables into it's internal array at the start of post processing.

I suppose it would be possible to go into the MPMaster post and comment or cut out the extra logic, but I think this would just cause trouble in the long run.

The only thing you are really going to need to set in either post will be the tapping cycle, and the tool staging if you have a swing arm tool changer.

Beyond that the only other thing I include for my HAAS posts is a misc. Integer to control the programmable coolant nozzle, and I set the PWCS postblock to always output G54 unless I set it to G55-59 manually (in the work offset box).

HTH,

I will get the probe option with this mill and I am curious how this will integrate... I need to check for any z axis drift mid program at the tool change... I found some chooks for inspection and was wondering if I would need something like this program or is it unnecessary?

http://www.verisurf.com/measure.htm

[ 05-07-2007, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: mechman ]

It all depends on what you are going to use the probe for exactly.

If you are just planing on using this for work zeroing and such, that can all be built into your custom drill cycles using the macros that will be provided for your probe.

If you are looking at doing on-machine inspection and capturing data, short of doing a great deal of customization, you will need to purchase and add-on product like that.

Check out www.metrolosys.com as well.

A good company that stands behind what they sell.