Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

digitize

Clayton aj M

Someone has to know how to do this.....

How to make surfaces from something that has been digitized.

What im getting on file is a part of a die that has been digitized on a cnc mill.What i need to do with it is cover it with surfaces.Is there a quick and easy way of doing this.

[ 05-20-2007, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Clayton aj M ]

If you read in the points as ASCII you have the option of reading them in as points, lines, or splines. The good thing is that you have ordered data. If you go through the file and put a blank line in the file when you have a new scan line (if you are scanning in XZ, the Y will be constant, when Y changes enter the blank line here) then read the points in as splines, Mastercam will create a spline thru each segment of points. Without the blank line, only one spline will be created.

I have to say thanks to everyone giving me advice.What i have is actually the tool path that the cutter took when running over the part.I just didnt know if there was a way to cover the tool path with a surface with little effort or if i had to sit down and draw each surface.Its been along time since i have used this software.Jim i kind of get what you are saying but im not that advanced in this software.Is there anyway i could email you what i have,you could look at it and tell me if it can be done.

Regarding Digitizing, About 10 yrs ago I used LEmoine Digitizing software to digitize the mould/dies and this software can dizitize,convert digitize file to suface model and also give the toolpath. When I left the last company after that never get chance to use it.