Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Benchmark

Roger Peterson

Have you checked the temp on your cores on that Brian? Also do you know if you got a B3 or G0 stepper?

I only ask because I just sent mine back, RMA, I have one core running many degrees hotter than the rest.

quote:

Thanks for the link for the utility. It shows all 4 cores running between 36-44C. The Tjunction is reading 100C. Is that normal?

Have you put it under load and watched the temp?

This utility will help with that if you have not

Linky

The 100c is the upper limit max. Here is a link to a good article

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/221745-2...mperature-guide

quote:

CPU-Z says stepping B, Revision G0.

BTW, that is the desirable chip of the 2 Q6600's available. My original was a B3 stepper, I am hoping after my RMA I will get a G0. Gets here Monday, so I'll know then.

quote:

John Paris, I am running XP64. No problems, but no noticeable difference, either. I was hoping the support for multi-core CPUs and 64 bit op systems would speed things up, but I don't see any real difference. I think it may supprot more than 2Gigs of memory, which may be handy...

Thanks Steve,

I actually tried setting up a Dual Boot with

WINXP64, got the 64 bit to install but lost my XP set up, wound up playing with the 64 bit for a while and then reformatted and went back to the 32 bit flavor.

As far as memory, depending on your motherboard 64 bit can support up to 8 gigs or RAM.

I did hear that MCAM is going to be supporting multi processors fairly soon, so that would be a big leap forward in and of itself.

It would seem software, or lack thereof, is the issue holding back the 64 bit hardware moving forward.

So, John, how soon is this multi-core support for Mcam coming? As far as X64- I am going to bump up to 4G of ram and see if there is any diff. Too bad X2 doesn't support a ramdisc...

Why did you switch back to 32?

Danbo, that's still a lotta palooka for a desktop! Weren't there some Xeons that got down to 2 or 3 minutes? Maybe if you tweak it bit it'll speed up..!

Just for grins, I spec'd out a laptop with a Q6700 and a 64gig Solid State Disc drive- about $4500. Ouch! Would be VERY fast, though, hehe..

Steve, make sure that you set up a regen and a temp directory on your ramdisk.

The plus version saves the ramdisk to HD before shutdown, otherwise, you need to re-create the directories when you reboot, as the ramdisk empties when ram does.

In MC, under config_> files, set your regen and temp files to the ramdisk directories.

My Ramdisk is mapped to Y:

Here is a screenshot of my ramdisk temp dir.

tempfiles.jpg