Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ai Solutions Freehand Contour chook

Thad

Takashi,

I'm having a problem with some config settings getting altered after running your contour chook and using the contour option. In Settings-Configuration-Toolpaths I have Repaint Toolpath unchecked. In other words, if I'm not backplotting, I don't want to see the toolpath. After running your chook, that box gets checked. Open the config and you'll see. Now I have to use Alt+T to turn them off every time I run your chook.

That setting seems to be attached to the contour operation that is used with your chook. If I use your chook, but then select No at the Contour toolpath? option, then use the resulting geometry to create my own contour toolpath (like the original chook), my toolpath display settings do not get changed. That's why I think it's connected to the contour operation that is accessed through your chook.

What do you think?

Thad

Hi Thad,

I looked at this issue. but I cant figure out the cause so far. so I just run the FT command "Mastercam OnHideToolpath"...

rolleyes.gif

extern DllImpExp MC_BOOL display_toolpath; ///< TRUE if the toolpath is to be displayed

I think this is the variable for the toolpath display settings, but I didn't touch it in freehand contour chook. confused.gif

anyway, temporary fix will work as you wish.

http://ai-sols.sytes.net/download/Ai_Freehand_Contour.zip

Can someone else try this to see if they get the same thing?

Open a new session of MC. Go in Settings-Config-Toolpaths and uncheck Repaint Toolpath. Save config. Launch the Freehand chook. Draw some lines and hit Esc. When prompted to use Contour toolpath, select NO. Now create a contour toolpath on that geometry. After generating the toolpath, you should see it on the screen. Now zoom or rotate the part and the toolpath will disappear. Go in Settings-Config-Toolpaths and see that Repaint Toolpath is still not checked. So far, all is good.

Now, Launch the Freehand chook again. Draw some lines and hit Esc. When prompted to use Contour toolpath, select YES. After generating the toolpath, you should see it on the screen. Now zoom or rotate the part and the toolpath will stay on the screen. Go in Settings-Config-Toolpaths and you'll see that Repaint Toolpath is now checked.

The only difference between those 2 examples are selecting Yes or No for using a contour toolpath.

Thad

quote:

I downloaded it today.

Then maybe you got the "fixed" version. It alters my config file on 5 different seats here.

Would you try it with an older version if I email it to you? If so, send me an email and I'll reply to it. Your email is hidden.

Thad

quote:

Takashi does not 'version' his DLLs ;(

So all you can do is go by the date on the DLL.

Roger, that's why I saved all versions. wink.gif I put the one that's giving me problems on the FTP called "Ai_Freehand_Contour (Thad).zip. This is the first version that had the contour toolpath implemented with it.

quote:

What setting are changing for you?

Roger, follow my step by step instructions in my second post in this thread and see what you get. It's the Repaint Toolpath checkbox that gets checked after running the chook ONLY after selecting YES to the built-in contour toolpath option.

I'm off for the weekend so I don't have access to MC, but I will continue to read the forum and reply the best I can.

Thad

Hello,

quote:

Takashi does not 'version' his DLLs ;(

So all you can do is go by the date on the DLL.

Roger, that's why I saved all versions.

Sorry, I'm lazy.. biggrin.gif

I have changed the version number.(version 1, 0, 0, 2, dated:06-22-2007).

and I have found/added this variable, and it is not in the chook sdk headers..

code:

extern DllImpExp MC_BOOL repaint_toolpath;

then, I looked for where repaint_toolpath was changed,

code:

//repaint_toolpath == FALSE

chain_manager_info cmi;

memset (&cmi, 0, sizeof (chain_manager_info));

cmi.op_idn = op.op_idn;

cmi.mode = CHNMGR_ADD;

cmi.chns=chains;

chain_manager (&cmi, TP_CHN_ALL, &succf);

//repaint_toolpath == TRUE; wh?????

when I called the chain_manager function, the variable repaint_toolpath was changed to TRUE.

so I changed it back.

headscratch.gif

version 1,0,0,2..

http://ai-sols.sytes.net/download/Ai_Freehand_Contour.zip

Takashi,

The latest version doesn't change the Repaint Toolpath setting in the config any more, but now the Draw Tool box gets unchecked. headscratch.gif

Anyway, I can live with that.

Now... how about a custom icon? biggrin.gif I'm sure Colin could come up with something nice if you're busy. wink.gif

Thad

Thad,

Could you start an icons folder on the FTP and put those bitmaps in there? I can't upload to the FTP from work (firewall). I'll shoot you the rest of the icon bitmaps too.

Rick, your email isn't listed under your profile. I'm asking Thad to create a folder for everyone who wants to access the bitmap file.

P.S., I'm no artist, so no complaints wink.gif Plus, you could always make your own with Microsoft Paint. Just remember, you need two icons, one that is 16x16 pixels, and one that is 24x24 pixels. Now I'm off to make my Chewbacca button!

Thanks,

quote:

Could you start an icons folder on the FTP and put those bitmaps in there?

I created a subfolder in the "All pictures..." folder called "chook icons." There is one missing for the Hole Table chook, but I'll stick it in there when I get it.

Thad