Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TOOLPATH LOCK

Jeff2005

you can lock the NCI...but the next programmer could just unlock it again.

I think it would be dangerous for a company to enable the programmer a password lock on the programs. If the programmer leaves the company is at the mercy of you coughing up the password.

I used to get around this by making sure the other 'gramming seat had read only access to my files.

They could open them, post them, they could make changes and save to that local drive but they could not save back overt the original file.

That protected the integrity of our file system

Jeff2005,

There is a operation lock in the Ops Mgr. Just highlight each operation you want locked and either type the letter "L" on the keyboard or click on the little padlock icon below the "select all operations" button. See pic below. Of course anyone who's familiar with Mastercam could easily unlock those operations as Kannon suggested in his earlier reply. HTH cheers.gif

4qoyfpd.jpg

quote:

is there a way to lock the toolpath that a user creates so that
no one
else can modify that program?

quote:

Of course anyone who's familiar with Mastercam could easily unlock those operations as Kannon suggested in his earlier reply.

Then I guess the answer would be no. biggrin.gif

Thad

quote:

Add password protect option to toolpath lock function.

bad, bad, bad

I could see a "disgruntled" 'grammer or even a po'd "sheenist" with just enough knowledge locking all of his tool paths and making it virtually impossible to use anything he/she had ever done.

And if you make a possible unlock then it would likely defeat the purpose of the password to begin with.

I'll say it agin if the person cannot be trusted they have NO BUSINESS opening tool paths to begin with.

Make sure you always backup your files, if there is ever a question or the need the backup exists.

tongue.gif Thad smile.gif

[ 06-26-2007, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: John Paris @ CNC Consultants ]