Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Looking for X2 feedback

ADEGILIO

I am currently running ver9.1 and I am looking for some feedback on X2... More so if it is worth the price of the update. Would like to hear from someone who did the upgrade and why they went through with it...and are you happy with it. Maby also someone who feels that it is not worth the cost. I can currently do all that I need to...but wonder is the current system is more stable and efficent. Thanks for the help and comments.

X or X2 are way better than 9.

I have found that many many things I used to struggle with are now much easier.

There is a huge difference between 9 and X which requires lots of dedicated seat time to transition yourself.

If you feel that you can invest a large amount of time familiarizing yourself with it, X2 is definitely worthwhile.

Once you do make the transition to X or X2 future versions should be very simple to learn since the major interface overhaul is done now...

In addition to all that was said, sooner or later there will be no support for V9, and you'll need to switch anyway. And by then you could be 3 or 4 versions behind and really need to play catch-up. Upgrade now, if you get in a pinch, you can go back to V9, while transitioning to X2.

ADEGILIO

I have found that X2 is more stable, more reliable when creating TPs (mystery pocketing errors are a thing of the past)and though there are interface features of V9 many people here miss. All but a very few have found X is better than V9 once they committed to making the switch. Besides you are here on the forum and if you utilize the forum you will be wondering why you waited so long, in no time.

Wel I have had to use V9 for Verisurf and man it really sucks going backwards. Trying to do a simple translate and remember I can not do it as simple. Trying to do points along an entity more work. Doing change colors, not having pre-selection really sucks. In general I see a 50% reduction in my ability going back to V9 to do things. I am now at the point I do all I can in X2 then save as V9then go from there.

HTH

I am in general agreement with the other posters here. I am however curious as to what the Lathe guys think of X2. I was a lathe programmer back in the stone age(Mastercam 3) and create line multi was perfect, X2's multi line is not nearly as good (IMHO), but perhaps other features make it worth the switch.

quote:

I am however curious as to what the Lathe guys think of X2.

It's a beautiful thing. biggrin.gif

I have been using it since V9 for 2D to millturn, but it has all been single turret. I am just now (this month) diving into dual and quad turret. Any tips from those that have been doing this for a while?

Adegilio, X2 was my introduction to Mastercam, and not very long ago either. I've had to go back in time to V9 to help customers still using it. While the look is different, it did not take long to figure out my way around. If I can go from X2 to 9, anyone can do the reverse. It's a matter of stepping out of the comfort zone into a new horizon. The best thing is to check it out yourself and make your own judgments. In my own opinion, X2 is awesome. The visuals of it are a plus right off the bat, looks nice and clean and up to date. V9 is so clunky. Anyway, not trying to preach to ya, you decide.