Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam QC Question

MLS

+1 to bringing it up here first. Someone may have already reported it. Or, maybe you don't understand how the feature is supposed to work.

If there's any doubt, send it in. I've talked (emailed) to Rob and Chris so much, they invited me to Christmas dinner this year. biggrin.gif

Thad

What is the email address for QC? Is it the same for support?

Reason I ask is I sent two questions to [email protected] back when we were installing MCX on 2 new PC's and got no response on either question what so ever. Same address I had used many times in the past.

Local dealer said they were busy fixing bugs in MCX. That was a while back but I have used this forum to help solve many issues with great success and never use MC support anymore.

Well one issue I sent was an obvious crash that has been fixed for MR2 apparently. I got a reply promptly.

I wasn't sure about some other less obvious things.

Thanks guys, I will bring them up in the forum unless I can isolate it myself as a blatant problem.

It is qc@ BogusMill The way I understood its for bugs, and enhancement requests.

I assume questions would be directed to techsupport@

For issues on currently released products email Technical Support at [email protected]. Please remember that many times our staff is on the phones doing direct support. We normally have dedicated staff for email only support, unless the phones get way out of control. smile.gif

If you are absolutely sure it is a bug, then feel free to email QC at [email protected].

Enhancement requests can go to either email.

Obviously researching your issues in our online help or in the tech tips section of Mastercam.com or on this forum prior to sending anything off to us is a big help.

When emailing QC or Support, please make sure to provide as much detail as possible as to the steps you are taking and clear definition of what the problem is.

Also, please include a zip2go file as it does help ensure we are doing exactly what you are doing and it will reduce time needed to for us to track things down.

We do look at every single email that comes in and try to reply within 24 hours, but as you may have experienced we do experience very heavy traffic times, normally during a release or beta cycle so we do appreciate your patience.

We appreciate the time and effort it takes to notify us so please keep the feedback coming.

I have a definite bug I've reproduced on every PC in our office but haven’t known where to report it.

I have a saved draft with my hasp serial number on it for sending to tech support. I haven’t used it since I left 9.1, other than the 2 times mentioned, because help on this forum has been so effective. I didn't know about Z2G when I first started MCX and it was a video driver issue Z2G wouldn't have helped with much.

Sorry, I just looked it up and one email is still in my sent items, it does have my S/N no. a Z2G and part file attached and it was sent 2/20/07 and it has never been answered. I'll send it again, see if I get an answer now. The bug I'll send to [email protected] today also. Mastercam, here comes your insect.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

That technical support e-mail goes who knows where as did a similar address from my reseller. When I was working for the local Mastercam reseller there was a company that sent a e-ail there, didn't get an answer that talked $#!+ about me to Mastercam saying our support was for $#!+ rolleyes.gif

quote:

... it was a video driver issue Z2G wouldn't have helped with much.

There's quite a bit of info included in the Z2G files that could actually help even in this situation. System information (including your video card type, resolution, color depth and driver version) is included in a text file that can be examined.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I just spoke with Rob in QC this morning at length. Seems as though it was me and not the software. headscratch.gif ...

... Lord, let my words be light and sweet, lest I have to eat them some day ... biggrin.gif