Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post for VF-3

Bowfisherman

Leonard,

Most are using a very "Lightly" modified MpMaster.pst, avaliable here on the posts section of this website. (look up)

If you need something custom contact Steve or Chris at Cad Cam Solutions, Inc. 770-982-3400

They should be your dealer.

Oh, and asking for a post... well... it's nothing to me, but read around.

HTH

Mark

quote:

Does anyone have an awesome post for a Haas VF-3

Using MC X MR1

READ THE FAQS !!!!

quote:

Q. Does anyone have a post for a [insert machine or control name here]?

A. Ask this question as your first message here and you won't necessarily like the responses you receive. Look to your reseller to supply you with the proper post for your machine, or quote for the work that needs to be done.

PEACE biggrin.gif

Only reason I ask is because Dealer stayssss busy and hate to bother them at times, and it's only because I think alot of the fella's. I know that's what they get payed for but didn't know asking for a postthat already existed would be such a burner,, I know now and will make my dealers work for a livin,,, hahaha!!!

That is kinda funny isn't it M. Anderson

Although I will say,, The guys at Cad/Cam Solutions are hard workers and have been great to me,, Exspecially Chris,, and that's only because he is direct machine specifics.. He knows the machines,, and Steve know the software and post issues.. great group of guys,,,,

Leonard,

Yes, the guys at Cad/Cam Sol. are good people, some of the best I know.

Always help when I ask, just got to get them to quit changing the phone number... confused.gif

Jim,

quote:

Wif those chipped flutes...

I think he got a REGRIND.... biggrin.gif

Keebler, or Kannon one, did it so he's STILL not real sharp! biggrin.gif J/K

Heavychevy2155,

You get to meet CORN-BREAD at South-Tec?

I went Tues. and Wed. - but wifey went also, so I had to be good this year. frown.gif

Later,

Mark

Good Day,

Leonard

Paul is right, A haas post is a very basic post,

and the one that comes with Mastercam is good.

Tony G

CNCme Engineering

X Beta Site

SO Almost Employed Senior Programmer

N.E Massachusetts - Southern New Hampshire

End mills and tooling are like The "AMMO"

And coolant and chips are like the enemy

Under your boots as you advance in the

Manufacturing Battle

-------------------------------------------------

Paul,

Truely I have never tried the generic haas post before this thread. I threw it into my system and the output is good & clean. The first thing that I noticed was something that was written into my haas post many years ago; A bolt circle drill cycle (G70). Fairly important one imo. It was written into my post as a

G70 xxxxx G81 xxxxx

G70 xxxxx G73 xxxxx

G70 XXXXX G84 xxxxx

This was all done as custom drill cycles in my case...and I know I have brought this up in the past, but if there was another way to actually have MC recognize the bolt circle command graphically, it would be much better! But in my case, it does it's job and I think that would be a very good addition to the haas post.

Leonard,

Obviouslt seeing what I wrote above, I think the generic haas post would serve you well as a base and start learning how to edit from there. There would not be alot needed to change to get it tweaked just right for ya. =] Lots of people here with tons of usefull info about posts and everythign else...just ask!

HTH

I am running the Generic Post now,,, and HMMMMM, seems to be working fine.

Thanks Guys for your help.

To be honest Paul, When I select my Machine type, I never noticed that right in the middle of all the posts and machine types was the INFAMOUS Generic HAAS 4th axis one.

Sorry, But I am using it now and seems to be fine.