Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Florida Job

gavetta

Hey Gentlemen,

Here is a job posting my company has on Career Builder and Monster. If anyone is interested send me a message and I'll send you the contact info (or just look it up on Monster).

Rapid Prototype Engineer

Company: Tyco Safety Products

Description

Rapid Prototype Engineer

Tyco Safety Products is a division of Tyco International, a worldwide leader in fire protection and electronic security solutions. Within Tyco Safety Products, we design, manufacture, and distribute thousands of products ranging from fire detection and suppression systems, personal protective equipment and intrusion security to access control and video solutions, anti-theft and supply chain solutions.

Tyco Safety Products is currently searching for a Rapid Prototype Engineer to be located in Boca Raton, Florida.

Job Responsibilities:

In this role you will design and build prototype injection molds, build new product models, find solutions to difficult and reoccurring problems during product development; fine tune, simplify and cost reduce new product designs, research and benchmark new cutting edge technologies that will be used to enhance the rapid prototyping facility tool set.

• Design and build prototype injection molds.

• Assist in the development of EAS / RFID tags, detachers and other detection and deactivation devices.

• Work with product development engineers and create parts on CNC.

Requirements

Position Requirements:

• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is a plus.

• 10+ years experience in prototype engineering.

• Proficient user of CAD/CAM tools (Pro/E, Pro/MFG, MasterCam).

• Proficiency in program, set up and operate CNC machining centers, graphite machining centers, wire and sinker EDM machines.

• Knowledge of plastics, injectors.

• Experience in model and mold making.

• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills

Tyco Safety Products offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) with company match.

There ya have it. Feel free to ask me questions if you like.

cheers.gif

I wish... Probably not qualified enough anyways, but we (myself & missus) still have 5 more years of living in Connecticut. After that the house up here will be paid off & we plan on buying a condo in the Sunshine State and moving there. I'll be looking then.

Good luck finding the right candidate. It sounds like a nice opportunity.

quote:

still have 5 more years of living in Connecticut.

My youngest just started high school, after that ill be looking

to leave Cali. Dont know where yet, but we want to try

somewhere else. Its just tooooo crowded here.

So im also prolly lookin at about 5 yrs myself too.

PEACE biggrin.gif

quote:

Somewhere between St. Augustine & Cocoa Beach would be just fine by me

hmmm......would that be ....say .....Daytona?

Yeah, we're a little further south than that, but it would make for a nice bike ride on the weekends biggrin.gif Btw, Rob, sent an email to your comcast addy

quote:

but the pay scale will shock you, so bring money with you

There's some truth to this in your AVERAGE shops, the payscale here is definitely on the higher end.

Camgen....ease up on the negatives please, especailly since you haven't inquired about anything yourself. This is, after all, where I live now that your talking about. It might not be ideal (as are alot of places) but it is home and the negative comments might scare someone away unnecessarily before they have a chance to inquire.

Peace.

"Camgen....ease up on the negatives please, especailly since you haven't inquired about anything yourself."

wasn't trying to scare off any potential employees, just giving honest assessments to rob and hardmill who are not looking right now. If you want a positive assessment, the tyco healthcare up in deland (fl) who I assume is same parent company, is know around town as one of the better places to be an employee.

As far as me inquiring, it is my most sincere desire to never work for another company directly again.

Camgen, no problem and totally respect honesty and fact that you have no desire to work for big companies. Like I said, S.FL may not be ideal for everyone but there are opportunities down here and it may be better than someones current situation. Even though you may have meant to direct your statements to Rob and Hardmill, keep in mind all members can read this thread. I'd hate to see a good prospect pass it over and not even give it any consideration without making their own inquiry.

quote:

If you want a positive assessment, the tyco healthcare up in deland (fl) who I assume is same parent company, is know around town as one of the better places to be an employee.

Tyco recently split into 3 different companies, technically the health care section isn't a part of the same, but rather a spin off. A year ago, yes, we were all under the same "parent" company. You can check some of the bussiness sites to find the details.

If anybody does have questions about the job or area, feel free to ask, I'll answer honestly but would prefer to answer thru emails.

Peace

cheers.gif

"Tyco recently split into 3 different companies"

I knew they went under some changes recently, just using as reference to how well tyco treated its employees. I started my own shop 2 years ago, so I hopefully will never need to work for anybody else, other than my shop. If I was still working for others, I would apply for the opening, sounds interesting/good fit.

I used to live in Coral Springs, so I know Boca Raton is a nice city. Good luck.

Camgen, congrats on owning your own bussiness. That can be a tough boat to row sometimes. Good luck, I'm sure it will work out well for you.

I live in Coconut Creek myself. Lived in Coral Springs for awhile too.

quote:

One word...

HURRICANES

Yes, James you're correct. We do have the Miami Hurricanes wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Tell you what, I'll take my earthquakes once a DECADE or so if that as opposed to Huricane SEASON every single year! At least Earthquakes are pretty localized but they cause no where near the same destruction as Hurricanes. And EVERYWHERE has the potential for an earthquake. I know we'll never have a Hurricane here. biggrin.giftongue.gif The weather is better, we have smaller bugs, we don't have as many blue-hairs driving around. biggrin.giftongue.gif

quote:

we don't have as many blue-hairs driving around.

Ok...ya got me on THAT one! biggrin.gifcheers.gif

Florida is, afterall, God's waiting room! As far as Hurricane Season goes....At least we get a few days warning when there's one on the way. With earthquakes, it would seem that you don't know it's coming til you wake up on the floor! biggrin.gif