Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post structure documentation?

mvcalypso

Hi -

I've read the sticky topics and am aware that asking about posts is touchy - I understand why, I've been in the software biz for many years.

So, I want to start my first forum post by saying that I'm not posting to "get a post".

I am interested in learning how to modify a post.

I'm taking a mastercam class at the local college - prior to this, I've mostly hand coded. As the class progresses, I'd like to be able to leverage my mcam lab access to do a couple of small projects on my home mill.

I have a post that's close for my control, but I need to make some modifications.

Rather than ask for how to make specific mods, I'd rather further my education, learn about mcam posts, and then figure out what I need/want to change.

Therefore, my question is: Where I can find documentation about how the MCam posts are structured etc.?

I've found the document that lists the post parameters. What I'd like is an intro/overview re how mcam posts are structured. A formal description of the post language syntax would also be handy.

I'd also find it informative to read a doc on the architecture of what's in machine vs control defs.

For what I'm looking for, I'm guessing the mcam version doesn't matter a lot; I have both X and X2 avail in the class (I think the lab has X2 MR1 installed but not MR2).

Thanks in advance for any pointers to relevant docs,

Dave

Welcome to the forum Dave.

There was a post Cd that was available through your reseller.

Talk to your instuctor or contact the local reseller,

you may also check through the documentation in MC and

also do a search here on the forum.

BTW, Thanks for not asking for a post.

I hate takin out NOOBS on their first day. biggrin.gifwink.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif

Welcome to the Forum cheers.gif

If you click on the link above named

'cadcam's FTP Site' you will find a folder named MCX Post stuff. In this folder is a .zip file named Version 9 MP Post.zip, if you download and extract these files you will have the Post Processor Reference Guide. Might be just what your looking for. smile.gif

• 11 months later...

Would anyone be willing to mail me the zip containing the above referenced post ref guide, I have been able to make a few simple changes here and there (with help from my reseller). What I know about these codes you could write on the head of a pin with a wide tip marker, I would like to learn more.

I have tried many times to get to ftp site,followed directions etc, to no avail.

Thanks RB

[email protected]

Robert,

I also could not find it on the forum FTP using iowajim62's description.

But if they are really referring to the real Post Reference Guide -

that ZIP would be almost 24meg in size, so emailing probably wouldn't work to good, as many mail system will not accept a file attachment of that size.

* Contact your Mastercam dealer and they can get it for you.