Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Aggerate Head Information???

crazy^millman

Has anyone ever got this to work that does not work for a dealer and has inside information?? I can get the MPGEN5AX post to output the right code somewhat. Took some playing with it, but I can get use able code to some extent. I went digging in the 5 axis router post and did not find anything about the aggerate head in there. I looked in the 4 axis router post but says this:

quote:

# This is a 3-Axis post, with C-Axis Aggregate support. Additional

# rotary axes are not supported.

Now if this is added to a post that does support addition rotary axes will aggerate head work?? How much do I rob from the router post?? I am working on it, but not sure how much I really need.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. If I figure this out I will share what I come up with.

Ron

Setup post for angle heads

Are you using a Router post or a Mill post? If you are using a Router post, look for a post "switch" in the variable initialization area:

use_ra_offs : yes$ #Override Work Offset with Aggregate Offset Register

This tells the post to use the ra_offset$ value rather than the workofs$ value (both are available in the .nci file).

If you are using a Mill post or your Router post doesn't have that option, add the "switch" and add the following line to ptlchg1002$

if ra_type$ | ra_head_grp$ & use_ra_offs, workofs$ = ra_offset$

• 1 month later...

I took a 3axis VMC machine/control definiton

and a 4 axis router post and got good numbers without too much trouble.

What I really wanted was a 4X HMC and a RA Head,

but that makes 5 axis and I didn't want to mess with it.

I do the regular 4 axis work with my regular 4X post and add a new machine group and a WCS shift for the RA Head work.

quote:

just wondering if anyone got anywhere with this.im having to do some machining with a 90 deg head on a verticle and had to use a router post to get started and hand write the rest.

Mike,

You can use the 5axis post that you have to accomplish your programming with a 90 degree head. I have been drilling and tapping the ends of long parts with a 90 degree head here at my new job with the post that I wrote. You just need to go to the misc. values and and set your misc real value.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Mike,

You can't really "turn off" your A&C axis'. You will have to just delete all your A&C outputs, (they should post as A0 and C0). You will have to approach your c-planes and t-planes a little differently than you do on the Mazak. You will also have to delete your G61.1 and the other garbage needed on the Mazak and not the Haas. Then go to the misc. values, then misc reals, and set as "90".

On the new post that I wrote I don't have to worry about my 4th and 5th axis outputs (A&B in my case) since I am doing this on a VR-11 Haas 5 axis. The other thing I have done to this post is output for a HRT310 Haas rotary as a 6th axis using a misc. interger. The 6th is only positional connected to the RS-232 port.

Hope this helps

Mike

quote:

i tried posting it this morning and i can live with deleting all the stuff i dont need but the xy&z values came out for the rotated trunion and not like i get out of the router post.i will have to work at it some more.

thanks

This is where you have to approach your "plane settings" differently than you do for your Mazak in order to get the correct X,Y, & Z outputs. In addition, you will not be able to use canned cycles, i.e. G81, G83, etc. with your current post.

Hope this helps

Mike

well it looks like i wont be able to do this with the post i have.talked to the reseller today about the other issues im having and i really dont think it will work.im waiting on a quote now but think this will basically go no where and just have to do things the hard way.

thanks