Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma Live Tool Post

MadTownCNC

cheers.gifcheers.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

BEERS to ya Crazy!!! Been waiting for someone to thump his xxxx. bonk.gif I am fairly new to the forum and did not want to pass judgement. Even I know better than to xxxx down the back of the guys on this forum and tell them it's raining. Man! There is a lot of smarts in this community and more than willing to share! flame.gif don't think he will hang long. What a loss!!

Thanks guys for the help I've have got

Terry

Can I say my 2 cents?

I also have Okumas here and I HAVE contact In-house about a post for them.

There simply is not a good Okuma post that will do canned cycles and milling work.

I have also bought an Integrex post from In-house and there post and service are first rate.

cheers.gif Brett

I do agree that since X came out the posts that come on the MC CD have been dramaticly cut to size.

People still suggest getting a V9 post of the MC CD and upgrading it to X. Why couldn't all the V9 posts also come with MC X in X format?

If I buy a car I'd expect to get an engine so I can drive it.

If I buy MC I expect a post so I can drive it also.

Have a great day Dave

quote:

There simply is not a good Okuma post that will do canned cycles and milling work.

That's fine, but when we ask you more than once what the problem is so we can help his lazy xxxx fix the problem he avoids the question and instead says it's wasting time to tell us which posts he has tried.

David the explanation I got was they were through your dealer. If you got all the disks that come with X there are extra machine/control/posts you can load. We also bought the IN-HOUSE post for our Integrex. I however modified the MPLMASTER post for our Okuma lathes. I choose to do that verses shelling out money for a post that will not work for X3. With that said I felt and feel this person came in here picking a fight with no email showing in his profile. Putting down a dealer and asking for a post and our Forum Rules say this is a no-no. Get them to lift the rules about asking for posts and I will be glad to supply ever Pirate that comes in here asking for a post a post. That is not the case. I with that am not saying everyone that comes in is a pirate that asks for a post.

Crazy, can you do canned roughing cycles, C-axis toolpaths, Milling toolpaths and canned Okuma drilling toolpaths with your post?

If so I'd like to send you a file you can post it.

I'll take a look at the posted code and if its Ok I'd be more than happy to Purchase the post from you cheers.gif

Post is coming your way free of charge. It needs some tweaking on the mill Stuff. If you will send me a file of something you want to do and what you need the to code to look like I will tweak it for you. The couple things I have done have done good, but it has been some simple flats and slots. I have not had anything fancy yet to try it out on.

I feel the same as DavidB. A post should be supplied with the purchased software, I do not want anything that is perfect just something that doesn't alarm out. I read the forum rules see nothing that says I can't ask for a post. I've contacted other mastercam dealers and they had no problem trying to send me a correct post. I do have a post now that is a ton better, but still alarms out probably 1-2 times every tool that is called up. The same people are still not listening though, I did not come here asking for help fixing a post. No everyone I have spoke to I asked for a post that is already in existence. At that point if I want it fine tuned then we pay for it. If it was against rules to trade posts then they would put locks on it, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Mastercam benefits for more posts being available so that its customers are more satisfied. I've said it over and over again I did not come here to battle, I just want a post. So if anyone is running a captainL370MW and has a post send me an email. I have already got one post and I can't wait to try it tomorrow. If someone asked me for a post I'd be like here give it a shot, because I believe helping someone out will help you down the road. I agree I should have got on the forum and asked sooner, but didn't know the forum existed. We have support from mastercam so I would just call, never really thought about looking for a mastercam forum.

Alright, the x an z axis moves look decent. Everything else bad. Work with that and get back to me when it's fixed. Seriously if it was one or two things I'd try to fix it. My original question had a yes or no answer. Does anyone have this kind of post? Yes or No. The response should not have been what is wrong with your post. I don't recall asking if someone can help me fix my post... hmm nope didn't ask it.

That's OK David. Now that he's all but burned this bridge, I am sure he's resourceful enough and has a good enough relationship with HIS reseller that he can get what needs.

I think he better change his name to PO'd CNC

code:

Crazy, can you do canned roughing cycles, C-axis toolpaths, Milling toolpaths and canned Okuma drilling toolpaths with your post?

If so I'd like to send you a file you can post it.

I'll take a look at the posted code and if its Ok I'd be more than happy to Purchase the post from you [Cheers]

Ditto

biggrin.gif

I have said it time and time again I am not looking for help editing a post, just looking for a post someone is already using. I have got one from someone on this forum and I hope that it works, it looks good so far but I haven't posted anything out. In my opinion most replies are pretty ignorant. gcode actually thought I wanted someone to write me a post, it seems almost everyone here has totally missed what I am looking for. No work, no thinking, copy attach send... it's that simple. I have got a couple private posts asking for the same thing if I happen to get something that works. I could ask them what do they want out of it, but I probably will do the sensible thing and when I get a decent post tell them here this worked for me give it a shot. It's not that complex, simple. Thanks for those who have helped, I will post and let you know when I have something. If anyone needs a correct post I will definetely forward it once I get a correct working post.

quote:

In my opinion most replies are pretty ignorant.

No bud, ignorant is YOU.

You don't seem to get it.

We DO NOT GIVE POSTS AWAY........

YOU WANT ONE, FIX IT, HAVE YOUR RESELLER MODIFY IT OR BUY IT PERIOD............

WTF PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT COMPREHEND?

DON'T LIKE IT???

DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT

I totally agree with John, it is you, MadTownCNC who has come here asking for a post, without adhering to the forum rules. That, is ignorant.

A lot of the people here are either Mastercam resellers, experienced users, or even employees of CNC Software. These people will help you as best they can, but you have to do it the correct way, and that is through your reseller. Complex (and that means pretty much any multiaxis posts), come at a price for a reason, and that is because there is a) a considerable amount of work put into them, and B) a lot of different ones out there, due to the large number of different configured machines.

I am so tired of hearing people moan about the cost of a post, even when they have happily plonked down for a $500k+ machine tool. The cost of a post is part of the capital expenditure. Believe me, I know it, as I have just authorised the order for an Okuma Multiaxis post from Inhouse, for a Multus. I didn't come on here asking for it, because it is the forum rules.

Okuma code HAS changed over the years. I know, because I have been programming Okumas since the OSP2200.

This Forum is one of the best Mastercam resources available to you, along with your reseller.

Still have not told me where it says no sharing posts in the forum rules... just keep saying it says it. That's what the internet is about sharing information. If they didn't want posts to be shared they would put a key to use it just like mastercam. My dealer did not say I can not go and find posts somewhere else. I told him that I've been calling around trying to find someone with something close. I know I'm not the only one that feels like they shouldn't pay to have the wheel re-invented. Either you are greedy dealers or you enjoy giving your money away. I have my own machine tool sales company and I don't try to rape people, it's just bad business.