Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

To Lathe Product Manager

Ok I want to know why canned rough and finish cycles have not been adressed yet. What is maintenece for lathe going to? I will leave this open for everyone out there in Lathe world to add to its time to answer us! Guys and gals nows your chance what would you want this person to work on?

Maybe now we can get some results?

I agree the only thing we have MC for is Lathe work and when I went to training and asked about canned cycles 3 years ago my instructor said it's better not to do canned cycles they just don't work well. So we pay maintenece and every time we get a new release I hear canned cycles will be fixed until it comes out and they still don't work.

Ever going to address wait codes for upper and lower turret machines for older versions? Is this only going to happen in X3 or can people with older version expect something from CNC for something I personally feel is way over do. I have already made great strives to do this using Can-Text if you do a search for that thread. I know of 4 different shops that either do not use their lower turret, make programs and then fix them on the machine from Mastercam, or use a different software to program these types of machines since Mastercam is so lacking in even supporting something of this ability.

A roughing toolpath that varies the depth of cut.

The SFM option for drilling and milling.

Wait code and sync support, but dont stop at just being able to sync dual turrets. There are many 3 and some 4 turret machines out there now. I am programming Nakamura NTY3's. The only useful thing i get from mastercam for these is the guts of the toolpaths.

Anything having to do with multi turret ect simulation.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

EASIER sync with up to 4 turrets Main and Sub Spindle, (two upper and 2 Lower turrets be sure to enable Y axis on all)

Support/Interface for load balancing of turrets.

I've always only ever use the rough canned cycle which works from my experience, but throw a finish cycle in there... eek.gif I hear it gets dangerous.

Yeah Don who in the world feeds their lathes tools in inches per minutes verse inches per rev. That one thing is probably the biggest thing about lathe that drives me crazy. IPM. I only use this for Bar pulls, feeding drills in and out at a M05. In 20 years I can not think of a time I ever feed any lathe tools at IPM for cutting operations how about yourself???

Lathe Backplot with verify ticked that works!

I sent a file to QC friday on just this problem.

Wiper Insert geom.

+1 A rouhing cycle that changes the depth of cut and also chip breaks.

Easier method of programming a stop for bar feeding.

Create solid to 2D profile that is accuarate and does not take 30min to create.

Bruce canned roughing works its the finish pass I never use and I would not recomend anyone to use!

Again, realizing I might be pi$$ing in the wind on this one, and also realizing the Brett and myself went thru this to some fair detail, but the post outs have never worked properly for Canned Cycles. The G70's crash. They always have. Brett and I working together tweaked it a bit so that the canned cycles will not crash, but at the same now produces some other errors (less dangerous, but still not right). Persay on the first line of a G71 it puts in a G0 (or G1) X Z. There cannot be a Z. Then the ref. point retract doesnt work.

So with this I take my pick, G70 crash, or a few lines of code I have to edit to make my machine not alarm out. I am not busting on Brett for this at all, cause he worked very hard to try and resolve this, but I think it stems from a higher area. CNC needs to address this.

It would be just dandy if the line numbers worked properly.

And, as Ron said (2 things), IPM from lathe tools should go. It's just stupid to even have the option. And the getting rid of the lathe toolpath update. As said, you update a coolant or a feed and it dirty's all ops!?!?! How stupid is that? Why doesnt mill do it then? Change the lathe so that doesnt exist!

*Rant Off*

• 1 year later...

I have my lathe posts configured so the canned cycles output correctly by storing the start location of the tool before the rough cycle is called and then positioning the tool there for the finish. The only problem is I have to use the finish canned cycle before I use another rough canned cycle because it saves the position of the last roughing cycle. So I can not rough the OD then Rough the ID and go back and finish the OD I have to Rough OD, Finish OD, Rough ID, Finish ID.