Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Duplicate Hasp

Roger

If a person was to have their legal MC hasp duplicated, would this violate the license agreement? Or be legal?

I WOULD NOT BE USING IT TO MAKE ANY KIND OF PROFIT!

I use my hasp at the company I work for, and sometimes I like to practice programming at home.

(This is a pain in the butt! Unplugging MY hasp from the computer at work, Crawling under my desk at home to plug it in, and then remembering to take it back in to work with me.

There is a web site that can make duplicates for I think it was around $70.

[ 06-02-2002, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Roger ]

Roger,

What was the web site? I somehow dont think it would be legal to actually duplicate the HASP, though I'm certainly not sure about it.

I'm curious to see how they "market" their service

I gotta be pretty certain its definetaly (sp?) illegal to clone your dongle biggrin.gif Even if its not,to use business based it is a form of piracy.I could be wrong about the whole thing,but other

shops could buy new hasps,and not worry about multiple registered seats.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It is a violation to clone your HASP. Many a Mastercam customer were upset when a company that offered this "service" was busted in the early 90's and was forced to turn over their customer records and they got nice letters outlining Mastercam's strict policy about this sort of thing and the reminder that "You do not own the software, you are being granted a license to run it".

JM2C