Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 - Op manager

ToolMan184

Any one else a problem trying to change the program name through the op manager?

I highlight the operation, right click, go to edit operations and click on change NC file name and nothing happens. I can go into edit common parameters. But cant change program name or number. This is a file from X2 MR2.

Well thats what I thought. So I went to another X2 file. Changed my OP as needed, went to change the file name and I cant get anything. Usually it pops up with the dialog box with the NC name in it. But, I get absolutely nothing.

Im going to shut down the whole system and reboot to see what happens.

Not that I know of. But if I go into common parameters I can change it. I also noticed that on the left side of the common parameters page that has the operations listed it starts out with the number 0 instead of 1. In the operations manager I have OP1-15 and in the common parameters page I have OP 0-14. headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifrolleyes.gif

It only happens when I try to open a X2 MR2 file in mill. The Wire seems to be OK.

Its time to try and re install it.

Well I guess I just wasted another 4 hours doing a reinstall and going step by step with the TRANSITION GUIDE. banghead.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gifcurse.gif

When I open any X2 file into X3 I cannot change the program name or number in MILL. It works fine in Wire. I can change it through EDIT COMMON PARAMETERS but not in the OPERATIONS MANAGER.

On every file I open I have under OP1- 3 toolpaths labeled 1,2,3. In the Edit Common Parameters I have 3 toolpaths labeled 0,1,2. This has to be the problem, but I have no clue what is causing it.

I hate to say it but maybe reinstalling is best. I had a problem when using a bounding box to identify stock while using solids, It just refused to "see" the Z axis stock size no matter what I did, but others weren't having the issue. A fresh install cured it and I had to install 9 times before I could get X3 on my laptop but all is fine now. wink.gif

This is beginning to pi$$ me off. I uninstalled every version of MC from my computer and cleaned everything from CNC software off my computer. Reinstalled X3 and still the same thing. I can change the NC name and program # in Wire but Mill will not let me change a damn thing. I right click on the operation and I get no box to enter the nc name nor do I get a box for the program number.

I even downloaded again just to make sure I had a good download. I installed the hot fix for X64 to make sure I had the latest. I installed as usual. I havent even started to change things. Just the standard install.

What can possibly be going on here? banghead.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gifcurse.gif

quote:

I had a problem when using a bounding box to identify stock while using solids, It just refused to "see" the Z axis stock size no matter what I did

FWIW, being in the 2D plane will cause this behavior. Switch to 3D and all is well.

[/hijack]

Thad

Toolman,

I know you said this is not file-specific, but please send a small sample file to [email protected] with ATTN: Chris Bell in the subject line. Also, what operating system are you running (XP 64 I'm guessing from your sig, but it might be inaccurate)? Are you using any third-party applications? Did you initially migrate when installing X3? Do you work with the Operations Manager docked or undocked? Please provide as much information as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Chris,

Yes it is a 64 bit operating system. When I first installed X3 I had it to migrate settings from X2MR2. Then I uninstalled X3 and reinstalled and didnt migrate anything. Then I compleetly removed all versions of MC and done a clean install of X3. I never changed any settings from the default install. I then drew a simple box and loaded the default milling machine, then I done a contour path. It prompted me to give it a nc file name, which I done. I regenerated the path, right clicked the toolpath to change the nc file name and nothing happened, I tried to change the program number by right clicking the operation angain nothing happened. I then added a Wire machine group and used the same geometry to create a wire path. It prompted for the nc file name as before. I regenerated, then right clicked the operation and the dialog box opened with the name of the original nc file name.

I first noticed it when I opened a X2 file and made some changes, then tried to rename the nc file name to Rev 1. But I got no dialog box to open. Then is when I thought maybe it was the X2 files. So, I started trying it with a fresh file. It will not give me the dialog in Mill only in wire.

Also, I noticed in the operations manager I had 15 toolpaths in the operation numbered 1-15, when I went into the common parameters to look at the operations it was numbered 0-14 which seemed strange to me. So when I created the simple contour path it was obviously toolpath 1 but in the common parameters is says its 0.

There are no 3rd party appications in the insatll I have now. It is standard default after install. I even used the default MMD and control from the install.

CHRIS, You have mail.