Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Changing colours

Greg_J

This one might be a simple one but I can't see it.

I bring up my wireframe and I right click on the system colour down at the bottom of the screen, it prompts me to pick what entities. I choose it all then I pick the colour I want. But it won't change the wireframe colour, it will work on my solid but not on the wireframe.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Greg

quote:

Changing colours

Well, first of all, you spelled it wrong. tongue.gif

If your entities are red, then I'd say Snehal has your answer. If this is the case, they look red, but if you analyze them, it will say a different color. If so, click "Groups" at the bottom right of the screen and delete the group. There is a setting in the config file that you can change so this won't happen any more, but I can't recite it from memory. Although, it's one of the most commonly asked questions here at the forum so I'm sure a search will reveal at least 10 topics asking the same question.

If your entities are NOT red, then we need more info.

Thad

Colours is the correct spelling.

UK = colours

Canada = colours

Australia = colours

New Zealand = colours

Do I see a trend???

Merriam Webster = colors hmmmm??? tongue.gif

You being from Farmington Hills should know better your almost Canadian. lol

Back to the point at hand.

Yes my wireframe is red, and I can change the solid colour but not the wireframe. I bet your right about the group thing, I'm at home now so I will have to check it on Monday.

Thanks everyone.

Greg

quote:

What's the purpose of groups?

It's simply an easy way to identify a number of entities you may want to move or view all at the same time.

I had the same problem with the colors when I imported geometry from another file. I didn't know it is automatically assigned to a group until you delete the group. It drove me crazy until I figured out the whole group thing!

banghead.gifbiggrin.gif

There is something that everyone is forgetting to mention here Greg.

The 'red' group you saw was created because you did some kind of Xform operation on it.

Whenever you transform something, Mastercam creates two groups, the 'group' (original geometry in red), and the 'result' (result of the transform operation shown in purple).

The 'group and result' colors default to Red and Purple.

There is a 'clear colors' button, also found under Screen | Clear colors command, that will remove these groups for you.

Every time you transform something and 'copy' you get a group and a result. If you just 'move' it, you will only have the purple result.

You also have the 'QM group' and 'QM result' buttons in the Quick Mask toolbar that lets you quickly select the group or the result for further manipulation...

HTH,