Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas with scales

ATG

Well the answer that I got was they want to send another tech out, this would be the eight one. The last one brought out there laser tester which confirmed the z axis being out. At this point I'm not willing to play games anymore I told the sales person that since all time is costing me money and not the dealer maybe there should be a consequence for the dealer too since it seems the pocket book is the only way to get anybody’s attention now a days. Everyone says they completely understand, but nothing is getting done. I've had this machine for about five months now and I've only been able to use for about one month. Who's going to pay the rent, and lost wages for jobs turned down. Not to mention all the customers that got pretty pissed, when I had to tell to send the rest to somewhere else because I'm not sure if I can run it..................The sales guy sales he's working on getting the machine replaced but so far to no avail....even then its 5 to six weeks with no machine.......gggrrrrrrrrr curse.gifbanghead.gif

Jimmy,

The newer machines do not use that counterbalance system anymore I have heard. If it is a prob, you should get a warning, but if (SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH) you can unplug it and jump a wire from one side into the other side of same end (a lil jumper) it creates a loop and the error goes away. I ran a HAAS VF1 like that for 6 months before they got it charged.

I would suggest calling Haas directly and telling them that you have not received satisfaction from your dealer. If they are unresponsive I would have an attorney send the dealer and Haas a nice legalese letter stating that you require them to replace the machine or that you wish to immediately return the machine for a complete refund of all monies paid them and the HFO for the machine because the machine is defective. If the machine won't perform within their stated accuracy [which it does not, based upon your description] then I do not think they have a leg to stand on in this situation. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't rather replace the machine than have you trashing them for the rest of your life, but you may want to explore alternative machine options to be prepared if things get legally ugly between you and Haas Automation.

C

Lots of haas and Milltronics (made in Minnesota) here in dayton, Ohio. Milltronics is getting better and better so I would for sure look at them.

I would start calling the factory (if you have not) and if no satisfaction, ask to speak to their boss and keep working your way up...then a lawyer. If you are a smaller shop you are less important (maybe) we have shops around here with 20-30 Haas machines and my landlord here at my shop has over a dozen Milltronics and I have 2. Dayton dealer is the largest Milltronics dealer in the world and guess what ! its the service that did this for them....duh.. bonk.gif

I am the wrong guy to answer your question in this case. We do primarily high-precision turning will some light milling here and we buy big $$ iron pretty much across the board. My Haas was purchased for a 'commodity' line here and basically drills and taps holes all day.

Ok so the machine has thermal growth of about .004 also in the x axis. They stated that if we were running production we would not have any problems. The HFO is going to put on glass scales at thier cost. If I'm still not happy then a full replacement or refund is the next step........... rtfaq.gif