Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

world cup

ngkim

the world's greatest sporting event right now is the football world cup!don't anybody know that?even the U.S.A have got a chance to enter the second round of this tournament.they even beat Potugal,one of the favourites!they managed to hold South Korea to a one-all draw.South Korea and Japan are the co-hosts.but there seemed no interest or excitement in this part of the world!even though the U.S caused a major upset by defeating Portugal!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The reason I don't really like Soccer all that much is that the scoring is too low. Games where the score routinely is 1-0 are not really all that interesting to me. A frind of mine at work suggested that FIFA remove the "Offsides" call and it would become a much faster paced and higher scoring game thus making it a little more interesting.

JM2C

I believe another thing they should reconsider is the fact that they do not allow replays of many, many , many questionable calls by the referee. Most every other pro sport supports the idea of replaying a call when it is in doubt. FIFA has to come out of the Dark Ages when it comes to that.

Go team Italia! cheers.gif

Hi James Meyette,

------------------------------

The reason I don't really like Soccer all that much is that the scoring is too low. Games where the score routinely is 1-0 are not really all that interesting to me.

------------------------------

You problem not is scoring is too low... is our game view... biggrin.gif ... change for Brazil game... wink.gif

Brazil first game 2x1

second game 4x0

enter the second round in second game... cheers.gif

Camguy,

I stand corrected about most other sports you are right there are many.I don't know why you had to add the sarcastic graemlin but i'll apologize if i have offended you.

I still stand by what I said about FIFA.

Hey Chris, No you didn't offend me, i just grabbed a gremlin without looking at what it meant. redface.gif . Actually, I agree that soccer rules should be updated somewhat. One thing i would like to see is no more tie games in the world cup. Sudden death would really liven things up after 90 min. Another thing i don't like is all the acting like they broke a leg when all they did was get bumped. Give 'em a ten minute penalty.

cheers.gif

i respect every body's opinion

but to me i think soccer is the #1 sport in the world ,i've played it for many years and it can be excited even if you don't see any scoring,

maybe it has to do if you ever play it before. love the game that's all i can say,but, that's my opinion smile.gifwink.gif

Hey,Camguy

No hard feelings eh? Sometimes it's frustrating to see that a team that has scored decent goals only to have them called back by an uncertain or bad decision. For example Saturday's game between Italy and Croatia , (yes I cheer for Italy but in the end I truly believe that the best team will win ,and good soccer, no matter who is playing is excellent to watch) There were two goals denied to the italian team because of offside calls when the commentators on the replay clearly stated that Vieri's and the other player's, (--forgot the name) goals were onside. It's frustrating to see that even the referee had hesitated to deny the (3rd) goal.

Oh well, that's soccer. I still love it!

I don't think there is any other game in the world that can invoke as much emotion in the masses when they see their team win.

Hi all

I really have enjoyed reading the Soccer,and the Boxing threads from fellow forum members. I am chiming in to run an add for my sport. I race BMX 46-50 cruiser(old guys on 24" bikes). This year the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS will be 4 miles from my work,

I am entering .

Fox Sports coverage has a new show called

--PUMP--

12 August 26 4:30 PM World Championships

13 September 9 4:30 PM World Championships

The eighth annual ABA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS takes place in Ontario, California, during the weekend of July 25-28, 2002. NO QUALIFYING! NO JOINING! That's right folks, that is another BMX first. The ABA will be honoring any sanctioning body's membership cards World Wide on this World Championship weekend. So, come and see who really is the Best in the World!

If any of you would like to attend, I will have the track officles wave the spectator fee.

Brother James ?

quote:

New England 20 St. Louis 17

Last year's Super Bowl was an exception wink.gif You have to admit that the spread is usually at least two TDs more often than not. And it's usually an NFC team that wins on top of that. Once again, last year was an exception wink.gif Every week in the NFL is good football, except the Super Bowl itself IMO. Luckily, the commercials save the day. The CFL's Grey Cup is usually one-sided, too.

Last year here in the Bay Area both our mens and womans professional soccer teams (Earthquakes, and Cyber Rays)won the title. The thing is, It wasn't even in the media much when it happened. There might have been a mention of it on the news or something. Hopefully it will catch on more here in the states so we can compete on a global scale. So far so good this year in the cup! cheers.gif

Greetings,

I have noticed something interesting in the postings about the World Cup. The critical comments all seem to come from our friends in the USA. Love you guys, but, the sun doesn't just rise in Maine and set in California.

Change the offside rules to allow for higher scoring games? If it ain't broke don't fix it. The rest of the world gets quite excited with the game as it is.

The Super Bowl being called a "nothing compares" sporting event??? Not in my mind. It is worth watching though, for the rare times (such as last year) when the game touches on greatness.

Am I the only one who finds it strange calling baseball's highest honours (notice the addition of the "u") the World Series Championship. How many countries are involved in this? Oh yea. Two. You have to admit calling it the World Series is a bit of a stretch. (I do love baseball though. Anyone want to see my 52' series champs team ball? Mantle, Berra, Ford, Martin, Stengel the list goes on.)

If you have not yet caught World Cup fever, try sitting down and taking the time to see what all the fuss is about. Try not to overlook that the event is as important as the game. This is an event that the victors can truly be called "Champions of the World".

Please take this post with a bit of tongue in cheek.

Phil