Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FTP site

jeff

Hi Guys

At work we have a firewall, if i use internet explorer or not i can't connect even with a FTP software, use passive mode or not, at home without a firewall using a FTP software i can connect i don't have a firewall at home that’s the only difference, if you guys have the same problem it can be the cause. Unless someone else can correct me, or help me ,that’s my explanation.

hey guys.

-querry the ftp for details on modes and commands.

-always better to use a good client then ie; flash-fxp, ws-ftp, cuteftp...

-check with your network admin or isp if they have any port or traffic restrictions (firewalls, etc.)

-the host likely has a max number of users and a max limit to traffic. this is a likely reason for being denied.

-if all else it might be down. email the admin.

thomas w

Thomas, this has been an on-going problem with the FTP site (Jay 'CADCAM' is the admin). Jay, BTW those of us at In-House can connect fine now since we replaced our firewall/VPN box with a shiny new one biggrin.gif

Tips:

- avoid using IE as an FTP client; it sux0rs for FTP use

- certain firewalls (Watchguard, in our experience) have problems allowing users behind it to connect to FTP servers running IIS as the FTP server software

quote:

-the host likely has a max number of users and a max limit to traffic.

You are right sir I have limmited this to 6 uesers at a time.

quote:

Jay, BTW those of us at In-House can connect fine now since we replaced our firewall/VPN box with a shiny new one

Greate news Bullines. cheers.gif

quote:

- avoid using IE as an FTP client; it sux0rs for FTP use

- certain firewalls (Watchguard, in our experience) have problems allowing users behind it to connect to FTP servers running IIS as the FTP server software

Correct this how I feel to.

Also I am useing IIS that is part of Server 2000.

I like the Active Dir interface.

[ 06-29-2002, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Ok, here's my 2 cents.

The best program I have found for FTP and such is:

"Windows commander" http://www.ghisler.com/

Some of the features:

Two file windows side by side

Multiple language support

Enhanced search function

Compare files / synchronize directories

Quick View panel with bitmap display

ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins

Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support

Parallel port link, multi-rename tool

New: WinXP support, background transfer manager, TAR+GZ packer

I've used this since good 'ol DOS!!!

cheers.gif

Hello all,

I found 1 of the guys here couldn't get on the FTP Site and started digging around.

As a result of that research we found if you open

IE,click on Tools tab,select Internet Options,

then select Advanced tab. Once on this page look

for "Enable folder view for FTP sites" and place a check mark here. He was able to go right on the FTP.

HTH biggrin.gif

Later,Jim

quote:

I have 2 pc's side by side on Cable router and network hub, yet only one can accsses FTP. I am beleiving must be and IE option setting that is not set correct.

If you are using a proxy program to access the net from the computer on the hub, check with your proxy docs; I access HTTP through port 6588 and FTP through port 21. (Your actual ports will differ unless you are using the same proxy I am)You can set this from the connections tab in your internet options (connections/lan settings/use proxy/advanced)

BTW I have never had any problems what so ever dragging and dropping files to and from Jay's fabulous FTP with IE. I wouldn't use IE for uploading a web page though...........