Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post processor

freza

From RD SHEAR ...(another Mastercammer on here)

quote:

I believe you can download the Vr.9 Post processor reference guide from cadcam's FTP (see link at top) It's in the "MCX Post Stuff" directory and is called "Version 9 MP Post.zip"

It is a valuable tool when first starting post modification.

One little recommendation, make sure to make a backup of the post file before you make your edits. That way you can always go back to where you were.

Minor changes are pretty easy once you start to get a feel of how the post works. If you aren't sure what is going on where, simply add an output line in the postblock you are working on to see if it shows up where you think it should. A line like

"here", e$

came in pretty handy.

Reference the forum and ask questions. The guys here are very helpful and many of them have been through what you are doing.

A post for what type of machine / control?

3,4, or 5 axis?

If it's a 3 axis, chances are there's already a post available for it, unless you are just looking for a learning exercise. wink.gif

If you need a 4 or 5 axis post, that's a bit more complex. If that were the case, I would start with a generic post that is close and work from there. biggrin.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't beleive that is a complete post reference. Rather it's just an update from prior versions.

fro_matt, I got my copy of the post reference guide from our reseller. If you can't get the password, (don't know why it's protected), you might try contacting your reseller to see if you can get a copy from them.

Rick

• 5 years later...