Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing operations

melliott6

It use to be in v9 I could go to my toolpaths menu / job setup / import to import a few operations from another mc9 file. I can't seem to figure out how to do this in mcx3 mu1. If I right click in the operations manager and click import I get the "Import Toolpath Operations" box. Once here I can't figure out how to select the file that I want to import the operations from. Do I have to go to that file and save those operations as an .ops file and then select that file when importing? There has to be an easier way.

Thanks,

Mike

ajmer - I tried that and there is no way to pick an individual file from the many in my directory. When I click on the directory and tell it to import i get a jumbled up mess with many operations... and they are not even in numerical order. Maybe I will try putting the file I am importing from in a directory by itself and see if that will work.

EazyE - I think you are right but I am going to try what ajmer suggested only with the modifications I listed above.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

I found it but... after opening the file to import from the ops are a jumbled up mess. I have to rename the file i am importing from, delete all ops that i don't want to import, save it, and import from that file.

I don't understand why the ops don't come import in the correrct order. Oh well, at least i found a work around.

I'm not sure if this happens in X3, but the last time I imported ops from another MCX file, later when I opened that MCX file (the one I imported from), the ops were dirty, geometry was gone, etc. IOW, the file was hosed. After seeing this on more than one file, I quit importing from other MCX files. When I needed to, I'd copy the MCX file into the folder where my ops library is, change the extension to .OPERATIONS and import from there.

I'm not sure how long I have been messing up files that I import from because I rarely have to go back into them when I'm done with them. It was a fluke that I found it.

Thad