Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Simulations

Don K

I was wondering how to get the machine simulations to work and appear in the graphics display in X3.

I read in the help documents on how it is supposed to work but I get a blank screen when clicking on each machine component icon.

When I tried this in earlier versions (X2)I was told that the option wasnt available in that version.

I am running Mill Level 3 in X3.

Does anyone know of way to do this?

Don,

If I am understanding what you are doing you are using the machine definition to put together you simulation.

That does the work yet. BUT there is a free add-on made by module works for Machine Simulation.

Your dealer should have the install and a process for getting you the proper machine models and configurations you need.

What type of machine is it?

quote:

I was told that within the next couple releases we should have the full blown version and be able to do this all within mastercam

Can't get verify to run right and they're going to do full blown simulation?

I wonder if that will give the Fatal Error in Verify as often.

frown.gif

I'm with you all the way cadman. I really don't give a hoot about machine simulation, I just want verify to operate much faster and not get the "fatal error" on larger models. Powermill, NX6 and Pro/e with Vericut operate MUCH faster and I never had an error with them. I had my reseller quote me the Vericut add-on and the price was ridiculous.

• 2 years later...

simulation has been a huge help for me...with 41" of Z, if i need to run my column inside the part it will show my clearances. i agree with the happily unsatified group though. you really have to understand what the machine is gonna do through it's rapids for it to be very effective :( .

would love to be able to run it with g-code :D

I'm all for full machine simulation..... almost everyone has models of their stuff (like these chick vises). Drop these parts into your program. One less thing you won't have to worry about. Some of the rotary (& 5axis) stuff is cool too. By the time you have things bolted up machine stalk is clear. They've been working on this since some of those (V)9 seminars. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
I think that simulation thats not based on the actual g-code is nothing more than eye candy

Having been personally involved in the development of a popular g-code verification package, please consider that a g-code verification program must process the code through the equivalent of a post processor and makes its own interpretation of what the code is supposed to do. In other words, there is still plenty of opportunity for error.

The only “true” g-code verification would be from the actual machine control.