Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X-form problem

Smrkoul

Hi,

x-form operations doesn't work in my X4. When i try to translate, rotate wireframe geometry nothing happend. When i select translate, it shows 1st point ("from") 2nd point ("to"), but dont show geometry at final position and don not translate it.

Same problem with rotation. Show "from" "to", show dashed cicrle between points, but with no result.

thanks for help

I'm not at work, so sorry for not being able to be more specific.

Look in your settings. I'm not sure which tab, but if you browse through them, there is a check box somewhere that states something like, "preview transformed geometry" or similar. make sure it is checked on.

Good luck!

version X4 (13.0.3.31) build date may 21,2009 (downloaded from web)

licence: mill lvl 3, solids

now i have another problem: i want to copy 8 solids to another layer. so i make window selection of them, but it select and copy only 2 of them. I restart Mastercam and everything is ok (selection and copy without any problem)

Very strange problem indeed...

I suspect you have some memory issues, but where and why is just guess work. The next time this happens you might try regenerating the display list to see if things show up.

- You say restarting X4 cures the problem, but for how long?

- Are you performing anything consistently before the problem shows up? - Shading, Verify, Backplot, Toolpath creation, etc.

- Open the levels manager, do the new entities show up in the entity count even if you don't see them on the screen? If not use the right-click to refesh the list.

This usually occurs after translating a large solid or a large amount of enities.

I believe the undo memeory gets full of old

translate data, there is no room for more,

so the next translate (or level move) is ignored.

Restarting Mastercam is the only cure.

The problem has been present to some degree since

X2. I have completely failed in my attempts to

create a step by step procedure to replicate it.

Restricting the amount of memeory available to Undo will lessen its occurance, but not eliminate it.

This still happens in X4, but is much less frequent that it was in X2.