Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4....surface rough parallel

mark a williams

The way these work is kind of backwards to me. The "Adjustment to top cut" you need to put in a negative value to get the tool to start lower. A positive value raises the tool.

If you use the "Absolute" settings instead, the minimum and maximum values are relative to your origin. So if your Origin is at the top of stock, your values would both be negative. For example you might have -.650 for your Minimum depth, and -2.0 for your max depth.

Conversely, if your origin was at the bottom, you might have 2.0 as your minimum depth, and 0.0 as your max depth...

Keep in mind that if you do "absolute", you need to subtract your first step down in Z, otherwise your first cut will just skim the top of the part (basically cutting air). So if you were using a max step down of .15, you would set your minimum depth to 1.85...

What kind of shape are you trying to cut? I find that there are usually other toolpath which would work much better than parallel.

HTH,

A quick fix for a broken tool that i do is when the tool breaks I hit feed hold and write down the line number that it broke @ or back up a few blocks. ( write down the intire line ). The change and reset your tool. Go back to the line you wrote down and put in your start of progm.

T01 M06

S1000 M03

M08

( What ever your machine requires )

Re- Start your program from there.