Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mori Seiki NH4000 DCG sample code

PDognite

"The Company" is in the process of buying a new machine, the Mori Seiki NH4000 DCG HMC is the tool of choice. I currently have a post request in with our local Mastercam retailer, but I thought if I could get some sample code, I might be able to compare it with the output from the mpmaster generic post and if it is only minor tweaking that is needed, I could probably do that my self.

Anyone willing to post up or email a simple program consisting of a drill, ream, and maybe a mill cycle of some sort?

Thanks for your time.

We just bought that exact same machine. Using the MPMaster post, you can get great results with out having to do "TOO" much tweaking.

Our local applications guy loaded a bunch of macros in to our machine and I have modified my post to take advantage of them "and" the HPCC that came with the machine.

I talked to our local rep and he said that a post could be had for a price but I decided to make our own.

Send me a PM and I will discuss it with you further. I would post code but it may not work with your machine depending on what if any macro's are loaded.

Sorry for the mini HiJack!

Joe,

They were very hot for the Toyoda! They were hot enough for it to fly me down to Cali to look at one in person.

We just couldnt find enough people to recommend it. There were absolutely "no" people in our area that had one and there were very few that we could call and talk with about that particular model period. It was just too new I suppose so it made the boss a little nervous.

The Toyoda was my first choice but in the end I think that we will be very happy with the Mori.

• 2 weeks later...

This information was passed on to me by a good friend at Mori and yes all Multiaxis Mill/Turn will come with Esprit. Could have been Mastercam had they done something years ago, but they got Art instead good trade. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif I am getting more and more calls from people asking about Esprit and looks like if I want to be doing Mill/Turn with Mori's I better learn it. I am hoping I can get something worked out, but may end up having to purchase Esprit in the near future. Would have been nice to have Mastercam come with all these machines. I will digress and just say what they have been warned about this for years is now coming true. Seeing the writing on the wall was not enough now hopefully the proof being in the pudding or this case the machine will wake them up and shake some action out of CNC software, but I really doubt it and here hope I am wrong.