Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MORI SEIKI NV-5000B/40 options

J Coulston

Did I miss any thing? Any options you would want. Will most likely adding a receiver and using a probe out of another machine. Seems that there is always something should have added.

20,000 RPM Spindle (24.7/20/15 Horsepower)

Scraper Type Chip Conveyor with Rotating Drum Filter

500 psi Coolant System

4th Axis Interface w/DDRT-260 Rotary Table

AI NANO High Speed Contour Control w/Fast Data Server & Memory Card

Renishaw Laser NC4 Probe

High Speed Skip Function

quote:

I can't fathom spending $250K on a 40x20 VMC. You could get a nice 500mm HMC for that.

Joe, it's a tough pill to swallow. Mori verticals are priced out of line with the rest of the builders (except Dura's, but IMO those models are not well equipped).

A Mori HN4000 DCG would probably be close to the same price. But verticals are better than horizontals for some work and vise versa

quote:

I can't fathom spending $250K on a 40x20 VMC. You could get a nice 500mm HMC for that.

+1000

This is what I was trying to say in my previous post. Not only can you get a nice HMC for the price, you most likely will be able to get some pretty nice tooling (tombstones, ect) along with it. And no...I am not talking about budget (ie Haas) machines either....

I would skip the shrink fit and go with the new hydraulic lock system. They are balanced to 22k and tir of .0001. I will have to dig up some information for you.

I would look at 1000 psi. Not real crazy about the HP for 20k spindle. I would like to see 40np on something of that RPM range.

HTH

quote:

And no...I am not talking about budget (ie Haas) machines either....

You could have a VM6 and a trunion and money to spare. (I saw a MV500 was $250k westec show price).

That budget machine will keep up with the MoRiSeIki's all day! biggrin.gif