Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ball lock mounting system

alanu23

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Well according that patent any one holding things with dovetails is in direct violation of that patent.

quote:

but if I wanted to make something to use I am well within my God given rights to do so

Ron,

Once again you display your ignorance. Technigrip’s patent is far more involved other than simply the broad use of a dovetail and if you understood how to read a patent that would be evident. It also amazes me how you confuse “your god given right” with law.

I could go on but having a logical debate with the illogical is exhausting.

Have a good day.

quote:

Ron,

Once again you display your ignorance. Technigrip’s patent is far more involved other than simply the broad use of a dovetail and if you understood how to read a patent that would be evident. It also amazes me how you confuse “your god given right” with law.

I could go on but having a logical debate with the illogical is exhausting.

rolleyes.gif

rather rude of you Dave, insulting even..

quote:

rather rude of you Dave, insulting even..

Rob,

Rude and insulting comments come in all forms. People making assumptions of how they understand a topic and going on and on to prove a point in which they have no experience is equally rude and insulting.

I'll repeat this for the hard of hearing.....

Who Cares?

While ethical questions are evident, it is not patent infringement unless enforced. Kinda like What red light? if there are no cops around.

It all boils down to enforcement of IP. No enforcement, no violation.

Making mountains out of molehills. rolleyes.gif

I think the dovetails in the Techni-grip have been around for eons- I have an S-26 Master Collet from Hardinge that uses the EXACT style of dovetail clamp to hold the jaw inserts in it. We've "borrowed" the idea for many things...

I actually use dovetail jaws in a set of Hilma vises in our 5-axis to clamp blanks- can clamp anything up to about 20in in width with dovetails, just by moving the jaws- no need for different bases, etc...

The Hilmas are expensive, but very versatile..

fwiw..

quote:

Who Cares?

While ethical questions are evident, it is not patent infringement unless enforced. Kinda like What red light? if there are no cops around.

It all boils down to enforcement of IP. No enforcement, no violation.

So, if someone bootleg copies of MC and the police are not around, then it's OK headscratch.gif

The members of this forum just about kill a guy if he asks for a post, it would be interesting to see how software robbery is viewed.

And, if you read my original comments to Alan, in so many words, I was telling him he might not want to broadcast what he is doing over internet. That action might attract an undesired visitor.

quote:

So, if someone bootleg copies of MC and the police are not around, then it's OK

In my book? No.

But, that is an ethical question until the SBA, CNC or other interested party decides to enforce.

Until it is enforced, it stays an ethical question as opposed to a patent (or in the case of most software - including that which I have published, copyright) infringement.