Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam startup

Rick, will not happen unless you uninstall the MBd. Mastercam reads .ft file when it loads up. There is something in the .ft file that is alpha or numeric smaller than the .ft file for Mastercam. When that happens Mastercam looks to that on start up as the default tab in which to use. You might try the resource hack, but I would not recommend it.

HTH

Guest SAIPEM

This is a problem I have had with Veirsurf for a long time.

This is just plain sloppy software development and deployment.

When your product runs inside another product, it should NOT take it over or break an existing installation when you uninstall it.

Want to see a real mess.

Uninstall Verisuf.

The setup doesn't cleanup after itself and deletes the key map file for extra measure.

The only way to fix MCX is to run a repair installation.

Then you have the issue of Verisurf taking over the MCX splash screen on startup and even going so far as to take over the Title bar and message box titles as well.

Verisurf is a great tool.

It's too bad they can't spend a little time and make a professional distribution so these infuriating irritations don't happen.

For what they charge for the software, the quality of the install/uninstall is inexcusable.

Well shows how long since you have updated the software. You have not seen our switches for turning on and turning off the software so it only shows Mastercam if you want? The splash screen is not taking over in X4. The professionalism you talk about is of the utter most importance for Verisurf.

Things Mastercam does on its load up are out of our control and we try to work within those boundaries. Like it was stated you want to have it load different then you can do that. What is really bad is people never send an email to support asking for things to be addressed and then come on to a forum and complain about them not being address when if maybe someone would ask then things they would likely be addressed will be addressed. The other problem is when you are making a software were 99.5% of the people never use it for Mastercam programming the .5% that are do not like the look of something that the rest like and have no problem with.

Oh one other thing I have learned since being on this side of the tracks.

quote:

This is just plain sloppy software development

The install has not a thing to do with development of the software. When you make your own software feel free to make it as perfect as you would like.

Sorry you find the install and uninstall process so un-professional and if you would email [email protected] with your specific problems we would be glad to look at them and see if they have already been addressed or what we can do to address them.

Thank you for using the Verisurf Software.

Sorry my Verisurf user name is not working, and I wanted to address you as quickly as possible because contrary to what you just posted Verisurf is a very professional company that cares a great deal about its customers and making them happy with the product.

Guest SAIPEM

Ron, please stop making excuses.

I never said Verisurf wasn't a professional company.

I said it is a great tool with a lousy deployment that was NOT professional.

You know damned well that Verisurf Install/Uninstall for X3 is/was pure crap.

And contrary to your opinion, it IS part of the development process.

For the Record, I dealt directly with Vicky and Ernie with regard to these issues.

The fact that you say 99.5% of Verisurf customers will never use Mastercam is irrelevant.

It is also disingenuous. Verisurf markets the product directly based on its integration into Mastercam.

The simple fact is Verisurf's presence in Mastercam should be neutral. It isn't.

I particularly 'loved' losing my keymap file upon uninstalling Verisurf.

If I uninstall any of the multitude of CAM programs, including Mastercam, that run inside SolidWorks, they don't corrupt the SolidWorks installation.

This is BASIC stuff that Verisurf didn't think was important.

Here's a hint.

Test both the Install AND the UnInstall and you won't have customers complaining about a poor deployment from Verisurf.

quote:

It's too bad they can't spend a little time and make a professional distribution so these infuriating irritations don't happen.

For what they charge for the software, the quality of the install/uninstall is inexcusable.

Funny thing happens when people make comments. The person making them does not understand how others may perceive them. Saying any part of what we do is not professional does in deed call our professionalism into question and I want to make sure enough information is presented to make sure that is not perceived that way when someone else is reading this thread.

With anything it is a process and Verisurf strives to make the best product possible. We have things being developed daily and get things out at what I consider a lighting's pace. We always recommend people make a back-up of the .mtb, config and .kmp file as per Mastercam's recommendations as well.

When you tested this in X4 did the install and uninstall process go better or worse? We are in X4 and things are progressing very nice with the new Master3DGage device and the install of it. Is it perfect no, but show me any software that is perfect. I will not get in the the specifics about were development of a software and it process comes into how things work inside our company. I will just say again a Vast Majority of our customers are very happy with the install process and do not do the uninstall process because they use it from then on. Ernie is the Owner and Vicki is the Director of Operations that should tell you little something about how important Verisurf takes it's customers concerns.

[ 06-05-2010, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Ron Branch V & M Precision ]

I wish the holeaxis function was still a c-hook. Back on "X", I installed the free holeaxis and I got more than I wanted. I just uninstalled it. Personally, I'm willing to live without it than to have all that extra junk that came with it.

I've known Ernie for over 10 yrs, worked with Ernie.....great guy. I think Vicky was the office mgr., human resources, payroll, etc., etc. However, I'm failing to make the connection between Ernie and Vicky and customer importance...???

Anyway, Verisurf is a great product. I just had some problems, didn't wanna deal with'em, it was free, didn't have to pay for it, uninstalled it, DONE...!!!

The Square '11.....#1

UCLA '89

quote:

Back on "X", I installed the free holeaxis and I got more than I wanted. I just uninstalled it. Personally, I'm willing to live without it than to have all that extra junk that came with it.

Just curious, what didn't you like about the extra stuff that was bad enough to make you ditch the good stuff?