Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Opening Solidworks Assembly files

MBlair

• 1 month later...

I tend to have the same problem. Every single time I try to open a solidworks file (part or assembly) in MCam, I get the same "no parasolid data" error. It bothers me a little bit, but I just save my SW files I need to use in MCam as a parasolid to bring them into MCam.

If you find a real solution, I'd be very appreciative.

One thing that can cause this is a conflict between the two versions of SolidWorks' SWDocumentMgr.DLL that get installed 1) when SW gets installed; and 2) when MC gets installed.

We put a copy of that DLL into our CommonSWorksData sub-folder. SW puts a copy into "Program FilesCommon FilesSolidWorks Shared".

You can try shutting down both SW and MC and then re-registering simply by opening a DOS prompt, browsing to either one of those folders, and running "Regsvr32 SWDocumentMgr.DLL". If that doesn't help, do the same but this time browse to the other folder and try again.

I was hoping that would do it. The reason QC was so vague with their response is that we really haven't narrowed down why something that works on most computers doesn't work on a few.

Question time:

You're running X4 MU3, right?

And it's 32-bit Windows XP?

And you can read SW Parts just fine?

And it happens with every SW Assembly you try?