Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Please return to old toolpath dialog page

Larry1958

-X5-

All of the tree-style dialogs have a 'frame' that contains the 'tree' and the quick view (along with the OK,Apply,Cancel,Help buttons) and when you select an item in the tree the 'page' for that tree item is swapped onto this frame.

In X5 these dialogs are re-sizable so that 'frame' part re-sizes, allowing you to size the dialog so you don't need to scroll to see all of the tree and quick view data.

Plus there will be many other dialogs throughout the system that will be re-sizable.

IMO, I am not against a tree style, I just prefer the flow and layout of the old style much better. As an example, you would enter depth and right next to that was the depth cuts box. Similar, multi pass. The layout flowed much easier. Now, based on the tree, you enter depth cuts first and depth latter or you jump around the tree like I do.

O.K., So here goes. Why not just go back to X3 style toolpath parameter window? It was so simple. For simple 2d, drilling, contouring, ect., you had 2 tabs, within those two tabs you had everything right there. Now you have to scroll down a tree to get to individual items for changing or even to just view what they are currently set at. ???

Frankly, i would prefer ALL the parameter settings on one or two pages similar to powermill and even the less eye pleasing, pro/e. Having to click on all these parameter pages is a joke. A novice or expert configuration should be considered in future releases.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I believe my issue was with the inconsistency. I wanted ALL the toolpaths to be tree style so I could change a pocket tool path to a contour toolpath, or a drill to a circlemill, or a surface rough to a surface finish, etc... not being able to always to that was the bugger IIRC.

quote:

what fun it was back in the DOS daze

I remember my first computer that had a mouse.

Before that it was

Rapid P1[Z2.]

Rapid P1[Z-.5]

comp left

feed L1,L2 Arc 1, L1 Arc2,

comp off

Rapid P1[2.]

etc etc etc all typed on the keyboard..

It had a 12" 4 color monitor

2 8.5" floppy drives

no hard drive

and 128 K of RAM

and cost $4500 smile.gif

then I got an IBM XT with a mouse..!!!

quote:

I remember my first computer that had a mouse.

Before that it was

Rapid P1[Z2.]

Rapid P1[Z-.5]

comp left

feed L1,L2 Arc 1, L1 Arc2,

comp off

Rapid P1[2.]

etc etc etc all typed on the keyboard..

It had a 12" 4 color monitor

2 8.5" floppy drives

no hard drive

and 128 K of RAM

and cost $4500 [smile]

HOLY CRAP YOUR OLD! biggrin.gif just kidding... That is dating yourself for sure.

My first PC was an 8088. I cant even remember what year I bought it. I remember that it cost about 3500$ and didnt have a hard drive. Those were definitely "NOT" the days... tongue.gif

I'm 55.. I bought the old NEC double 8.5" floppy

dinosaur and a copy of Anicam 1.0 second hand

for $450.

The guy who bought it new paid $4500 for the box and about $10K for the software.

It ran well for several years. In the end I

had to bag it because I couldn't find 8.5" floppies anymore.

One disk was the exe file, the other was the storage drive.

The exe disk wore out every couple of weeks.

When my supply of floppies was gone.. the computer was toast.

I replaced it with an IBM XT running Anicam 2.0

with a MOUSE!!!. That was living biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Now I remember my issues with the tree style interface... I was not happy with the order that things were in. Coolant, WCS, Linking Parameters, etc... Don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. biggrin.gif