Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 holeaxis

Camdude®

quote:

I can put to the FTP if it is OK by Verisurf...

I don't know.. Verisurf shut down the free download and its my uderstanding that the X5 version will not be free.

I would think they'd leave the free X4 version

up.. but since they took it down, I wouldn't make it publically available without thier permission..

I downloaded it from thier site

and I'm running it on my systems.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

I've noticed thier download site

requires a password now.

Maybe someone was abusing

or trying to hack into the

public download area so they shut it down??

I'll email Ernie and ask him if its OK

to put the X4 add-on on the FTP site..

(It may be there already.. I haven't looked)

Seeing as how this was offered for free & I still have a copy....anyone who wants it let me know & I will get it to you. Then again...with X5 around the corner....with as much as I use this utility I would pay for it. Programming 5ax stuff would be MUCH more cumbersome without it.

Here is the link to the new free "hole axis" from Verisurf. MBD and Reverse were removed for this release. We have some customers using it now. It will ask you for your email and company info before it will let you download it.

Verisurf Hole Axis

Oops. Well, it worked last week when I asked Verisurf if this would be availble free for Mastercam users and they asked me to promote it on the forum.

Finally got my new password. Yes there is something new coming and Jay will be working with others to get it out there. One thing I can talk about is a new dynamic bounding box. It will see your part in Aircraft space and give you a bounding box relative to the part not relative to the c-plane. It will also create WCS that is then usable instantly without you having to assign it. One other thing is that it will also tell you the size and weight of the material needed to make the part. It also has stock adjustment on the fly. Details will be coming soon.

Like Ron said I am putting a Video together on how it works. this another fantastic tool like hole axis that I know my self could of used years ago..

I will be posting very soon a link for the new install and a link to view how the new tool works.

It supports surfaces and solids in space.

From GCode

"Cool.. "

From Ron Branch

"One thing I can talk about is a new dynamic bounding box. It will see your part in Aircraft space and give you a bounding box relative to the part not relative to the c-plane. It will also create WCS that is then usable instantly without you having to assign it. One other thing is that it will also tell you the size and weight of the material needed to make the part. It also has stock adjustment on the fly. Details will be coming soon."

From Me

Industrial Strength Cool

I will try clear the air on this matter. The web site name where we had the free hole axis was taken with the launch of the Master3DGage. While there has been some transition there was talk of making the free product a chargeable product. I and others in the company thought it was only fair to charge a minimal fee to cover development and support cost since it is a free product, but we still get support calls and have to maintain it from release to release. While this decision was being made an influx of requests for it came through and conflicting information was sent out and Verisurf apologizes to those that were given those different comments.

The decision is to offer what we have in the past for free, but we will be adding a new feature called Minimum Bounding Box. There will be the MBD tool that allows you to do full MBD dimensioning to models like Solidworks, CATIA, UG and other Cad systems offer with full Surfaces and Solid support of dimensioning. Additional features include adding and creating of GD & T through MBD methods currently supported in many areas of modern manufacturing. This MBD product will continue to be a salable product as it has been. The cost of this will be $100 per year. The good thing about this product is its direct integration with Mold Plus’ CATIA reader of FTA/MBD from CATIA files. With their translator and our MBD tool you can bring Native CATIA files into Mastercam and have the solid or surface model with all the relative MBD/FTA annotations come directly in and supported inside of Mastercam. The Catia translator will be something you have to get pricing from your Mastercam dealer for.

Jay has so graciously agreed to help Verisurf by doing some videos and other things to showcase the product. In the meantime if you would like some more information on this please feel free to email myself or [email protected] and someone will be glad to get you the information.

Thanks for using the Free Verisurf Tools and hopefully we can keep offering it as a free tool for Mastercam users worldwide like Verisurf always has. We will get a link up soon and it will require you to put in a valid email to get the free tool.

• 2 weeks later...