Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

graphics view/wcs changing

Tim Pruett

Im sick and tired of the graphics view changing whenever I change my machine group. Is there a way to keep this from happening? I would rather have it to where I change the view myself.

On another note; my graphics view snaps to a differen't view about half of the time when I use dynamic rotate. Do you think this is a graphics card issue?

quote:

On another note; my graphics view snaps to a differen't view about half of the time when I use dynamic rotate. Do you think this is a graphics card issue?

From gcode in 2006...

quote:

Open the View Manager and make sure

that

"Update graphics view when WCS changes"

is not checked. (upper right hand corner of

View Manager)

I don't know why that fixes it, but it did for me.

Thad

Jay Kramer,

I have my mastercam setup the way you suggested. I tried it a while ago and I didn't have the issue with it snapping to a differen't view after rotating but I still have the issue with it changing the graphics view when changing machine groups. I think its reverting back to last view it was at when that machine group was open. Does that make any sense?

You can assign a default view/plane to a Machine Definition - maybe that is what's set on one of your machine defs.

Settings, Machine Definition Manager - Edit General Machine Parameters; it's an icon at the top next to the Control Def icon. Then look at the tab that says "Cplane" on it (among other things).

Check this page for all of your machine defs.

quote:

Why would "they" set mastercam up this way. In my opinion it sucks!!!

That's the only reason why I have the "view manager" in my right mouse button menu.

This really annoyed me a few years back, curse.gif but I got used to always double checking the WCS before moving on.

As one example, I have multiple electrodes under my "okada" machine group and they have a wcs on each one. I also have in this particular case, a Roeders machine group and it has multiple cavity blocks with a wcs on each one of them. I don't post the whole machine group as one toolpath. Most of the time I post the entire toolpath group.