Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 Beta testers, a question

pip

Can any of you beta tester tell me if X5 solid layout works properly, also if viewsheets works properly again.

We are reviewing our maintenence contract, and these 2 points are the main reason we are still on X2.

Please email me if you can not write the answer here.

PIP

Solid layout and Viewsheets has been rock solid since X4MR2.

I have a File called Core / Cav that I made all my views into Viewsheet(s) with names.

Cav P/L,Cav Front,Cav bottom...Core P/L, Core yada,yada,yada....I open it and Merge in or vice versa my next Job and just go through each viewsheet and matching its origin with the WCS panel.

Viewsheets is like SW / multiple Config.

X5 will have the ability to Change the color of Solid Faces so your not picking the whole Solid and boundring your brains out all the time for those simple surfacing paths like a radius on an edge etc.

X5 is a leap ahead.

Tony

can you try something for me. A simple solids model ( just a cube ) make a solids layout and remove one of the self created views. Did that work, in ours all the lines splines and arcs are still there as individual elements. Our solids are very complicated items so we end up with thousands of elements left on the screen for every view we remove. In viewsheets, turn off a couple of layers you dont wish to see. Shut mastercam down and the reopen that file, are all the layers now turned back on..

Thanks. Just to see if it is our copy that sucks.

I can't reproduce the layout problem using the simple example you described in either X4 MU2 or in X5. Perhaps there's more to it than you're telling us - is it a combination Viewsheets/Layout issue?

As far as Viewsheets go, bug #81921 sounds like what you're describing in the 2nd post, and that is marked as fixed for X5.

Pete has always been willing to help us out when it comes to problems so he would be the person I would get a hold of to get this issue straightened out. We do not see this on 6 different computers running anything from XP 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit.

But on another note why would the improved toolpaths not be the reason you would want to keep to up to date? Some little minor problems with minor functions in the software keep you from keeping current? I would think the newer toolpaths that give you so much improvements for running parts would be more important, but hey if you are our competition please stay with X2 we would not want you to be even with us and start getting the work we keep taking from you. wink.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Not saying anything but just saying. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

• 1 month later...