Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Please post here if you are new to the Forum

Webby

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using Mastercam for several years now and I'm looking forward to sharing

ideas and getting feedback from other users. I am a cnc programmer in a large cnc job shop in Vancouver. I use level 3 Mastercam and find it to be a good system, and there is excellent support. This forum being one example.

• 2 weeks later...

Mastercamdealer's problems may have been related to the initial registration email being sent out from an unspecified sender, rather than '[email protected]'. AOL in particular guards against this, assuming that the email is spam.

I believe I've corrected the problem.

--

AOL users who have registered in the past, but who have not received a password should click on 'profile', then 'Forget your password?' to be emailed your password automatically.

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 07-11-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

Just placed the order for our new V8 III w/ Solids. Can't wait to start using it. I'm sure I'll come back to the forums many times while I learn the system. Thanks to all for sharing their tips.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and looking forward to using this great tool. I've been using Mastercam since V7 was first released, so right around 2 years.

I work for a Blow Molder in eastern Iowa. We produce and maintain our own molds on site.

Hello all. I've dropped in a few times to read whats up, but I finally got around to registering. I'm not new to CAM, but have only been using Mastercam for the past year. Reciently upgraded to V8. Looking forward to getting more and sharing tips with you all.

mon nom est Mario et je suis de Montréal et ça fais 4 ans que j'utilise mastercam wire 7 et dans deux semaines je passe a mastercam 8 mill et wire. j'ai beaucoup d'expérience dans les shapes complexes pour le wire (4 axes). je travaille dans le domaine du pvc et je m'apprête à programmer des millings.

bonjours tout le monde et je m'excuse mon anglais est pas très bon.

------------------

[This message has been edited by billy (edited 08-04-2000).]

Hi, My name is Lee. I have been using mastercam for about a year now. I haven't taken the time yet to work with V8 but plan on doing this very soon. We work on mainly one off designs for patterns that are used in a sand casting foundry environment. We are using an older C.O.Porter wood router with three axis capabilities and are very pleased with the results so far acheived. We look forward to learning from this forum.

------------------

L.K.White

I am a Journeyman Die Sinker working in the So. Cal. area. We make drop forging dies and press dies for aerospace and commercial forgings. I have been doing this for 35 years. I started using MasterCam with version 3.1 in early 1992. We are now using V8 and it is impossible to comprehend where our shop would be, competitively, without this software. We have a small shop- 2 Haas mills- a VF2 and VF4. I'm the programmer-all multi-surface contouring and "radical" surface work. Gary Armitstead

Burbank, CA

Hi Mastercam Techies and Users

I just registered to join the forum

I am with Onward Technologies Limited, we support CNC INC. in Mastercam business and support in INDIA.

I am a mastercam user from version5 and I am very glad to see mastercam taking changes and becoming more userfriendly and reducing the effort of the CNC programmer to make complex profile programs.

I am new to the multi-axis machining capabilities of Mastercam i.e. 4-axis and 5-axis machining.

I would like to know the capabilities of Mastercam in 5-axis program generation. I had gone through the posts supplied with Mastercam Version 8 and Version 7 where it is mentioned that the post processor does not support the 5-axis capabilities.

I would be very glad if somebody can give me information regarding the 5-axis post processors and whether any default post processor come along with the software.

I am very happy to join the Mastercam forum.

Thanking you

Sudhakar

Hello,

I have used Mastercam for the last 4 years

now. I started with V-6 & it was a giant leap foward compared to the software I was

using. That software was a dos based system

that only had basic 2-d tool paths along

with multi-surf for the more complex parts

The company I work for builds molds. mostly

compression & compression injection sometimes

we get a injection mold but not verry often.

I'v been in the trade for about 22 years &

been programing cnc since 1983. I'v always

used some kind of software to make my programs, never had to fat finger a program

into a control.

When version 7 came out I hated it ! !

It was totaly different from V-6 when it came

to tool path's. I mean picking the surfaces

or your 2-d wire frame was no problem but it

was the simple stuf that gave me fits.Right click to choose a tool, pick my tool & man look at those feed rates ! change the feed-

rates to what I want no problem.Oops I used

the wrong tool number. Change the tool number

to what I need & everything's fine right?

WRONG!! Look at your feed rates they changed!

after several days of fighting one problem after another I gave up so back to V-6 I go & that's where I stayed until this week.

I just loaded Version 8 & I read through the

book a little. It still looks like there is a lot of operator input to achive the results

that is so easily made with version 6 but i'm sure that once I take the time to set my

system config., Tool tables, & tolerences

most of my problems with V-7 will not happen

in Version-8

I know I will be a frequent visitor here & who knows one day I might crying about how

different version-9 is from version-8 Ha Ha

My best to everyone

dnkmartin

I just started working for Associated Thermoforming in Berthoud, CO. For the past three years I have been working for myself doing contract work. I am hoping to continue that on the side. Previously I worked for Global Tool & engineering in Carrollton, TX and Rodgers Tooling in Irving, TX.

No offense intended, but being a native of Montana, I'm glad to be out of Texas.

I am a retired shop teacher in British Columbia and have been using and teaching Mastercam for some eight years now. I now work, on a part time basis, for Pacific Technology Systems in B.C. doing the educational training and cnc machine installations and setups. I am mostly self-taught and really enjoy my work?? as I now teach just teachers. 33 1/2 years in the classroom was long enough. I really enjoy making things and in my Last year of teaching made a small (11 x 7 x 5) cnc mill and now use it to make examples of projects that I use in my teaching.