Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

online courses?

wildcat99

Does anyone know of any good online classes for MasterCam, CNC machining, gcode, post processor writing, 5-axis techniques, SolidWorks....or other subjects along these lines?

I searched the forum first with no luck on this topic. Thanks for your help.

[ 02-17-2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: wildcat99 ]

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

hey MIILING MAN, actually I don´t but I saw the introductions and it looks really great, at ichia rubber we have the MC 9.1 LEVEL3 only, and I´m not an expert yet! but I´m in the road,I think you´re good player with mastercam.

regards

sCREAMING curse.gif Teacher (as we call it) is put out by our reseller, and I have mixed emotions. I personally got little out of it, but some of our guys that have less experience with MC (we moved from catia)got a LOT out of it. It really focuses on the basics, which is good. I guess that it depends on current knowledge level of X. The more you know, the less you need screaming teacher (or any other class). But if you are a newb, it is very good and well worth the $$$.

I signed up for 90 days of Streaming Teacher when I first got Mastercam X. Found it very helpful. My only previous experience was with MC5 so it was a big jump for me. Also have all the MCX books that are available...helpful but still lacking. Haven't found the magic book with all the answers. biggrin.gif The forum is a big help...Lightning John to the rescue. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I used Streaming teacher to Solidwork training. I thouhgt it was good. I think its a big advantage to have 2 monitors or 2 PCs and follow along in your software as they do it. You can move at your own speed pause and rewind when needed. Also while you are signed up you can use it as a reference.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

“... are you left with nothing at the end”

WOW ! .... How can anyone that has ever paid to attend a conference, or listen to a lecture, come away with “Nothing at the end”.

Especially if they took notes!

I have recently crossed paths with several users that subscribed to streamingteacher.

They all seemed to regard each video as not only an example, but a lecture.

All of them had very favorable comments.

The most common that I heard included:

.... videos not only show how to do something but why.

.... They could stop rewind and replay sections of a video.

.... They could practice along with the video.

.... New Videos are added as the software changes.

A big consideration for us choosing Mastercam, was the availability of support, and the variety of learning resources.

Mastercam’s dominance in the community colleges in our area, access to user forums like this one, a variety of published books, CD’s,

and now streaming videos, all of these factors made Mastercam the obvious choice.

We all learn in different ways.

There are those of us that can read the manuals, what’s new docs, the posts in this excellent forum, and from that, connect the dots as to how that info can apply to our jobs.

There are also those that do better by seeing and hearing it.

Streaming videos that can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection ... plus the content grows with the software ...

One more valuable link in this awesome support chain for how we do our jobs.

After being exposed to information ... I could never feel like I was “left with nothing at the end”

Could you use windows Media encoder to do a screen capture while you were watching these videos. If you could then you would have a record of everything that you did. I know I am starting to use it to make

training videos for my new guy. I haven't got very far yet but it looks very promising.