Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V9.1

robk

quote:

I always install to a new directory until I get all the bugs worked out/around. Once I get everything sorted out, I move my configs/libraries to the new folders, change my paths, and I'm off.

It would be a very good idea if v9.1 does not change our v9.0 sp1 set up.

We have been using a separate PC testing the new version for safety reason.

Are you 100% sure that the new v9.1 will not affect our old v9.0 set up in the same PC? Or, I will be fired.

biggrin.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Are you 100% sure that the new v9.1 will not affect our old v9.0 set up in the same PC?

Oh, hell no! eek.gif No guarentees expressed written or implied. biggrin.gif

In fact, I like your method MUCH better than mine. Here's why Thanks bcs

Scott, I'm glad someone actually READS some of this stuff, instead of just pulling out a couple of phrases and skipping the rest to go off and flame a reply. cheers.gif

'Rekd teh "A refresher course in Reading and Comprehension may be in order here."

[ 04-14-2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there hasn't been one instance that I've seen in the OVER 2 YEARS I've been a member here, that a person HAS NOT been helped,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes we help them to the door, but they get help nevertheless. biggrin.gif

in regards to ROBK and the original posted comment , i normally just cruise thru here and keep my mouth shut unless i have an honest attempt at a solution for someones problem or a valid question of my own (which have all been answered promptly and with positive outlook).but as far as any one suggesting senior members are quik to flame some one i can only sugest people get what they give. i mean if you are intelligent enough to find this forum and use mc you should relize certain protocol does exist.the never ending i need a post for free question is a perfect example . and latley there has been quite a bit of mc sucks attitude. well hey those people deserve to be flamed.

just my .02

i for one enjoy the board and am grateful for all here and at cnc. biggrin.gif

trevor cheers.gif

quote:

Since most are programmers, and most have others running your programs... how do you feel when one of your operators/setup guys come to you yelling about how lame you are because you can't get a simple program right?

How true....

And all we've been doing for 4 months is saying...

Hurry up,Hurry up with 9.1

What if they gave it to us any earlier?

Then you would see real bugs. biggrin.gif

Whoa!, this topic sort of got a little bit lively without my initial notice. smile.gifsmile.gif

I am just curious as to where the 2 cents thing came from. Is it yet another Mitchell original or should somebody else take credit for this often used statement. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Just my .02 on this highly sensitive subject.

Regards, Jack

Quote:

How then are we help the guy out? Some detail is required. Not necessarily the minutae of each mouse click but SOMETIHNG would be nice. Even this would be better;

Maybe by not jumping down his throat for a starter. You may have a billion posts to your credit, and be a senior member, but I dont think it gives you the right to talk down to someone, and address them like they're on two way radio. Calling him Pal and signing off "OUT" is as rude as typing in caps. I took offense at your reply, since I was looking at it from the original posters point of view. And obviously a few other people here feel the same way, judging by the advice of "sit back, be quiet, and observe, and an answer will come. Just dont ask questions." from some other newer users.

I've ended up training a lot of new Mastercam users, both at the local college, and on their premises, and if I spoke to a new user like that, I wouldn't last 5 minutes.

And Jack, hehe...the old 2 cents worth saying seems to me, to have been around since I started using the internet....And I cant even remember when that was :/ I know I was still using paper tape and trig at the time smile.gif

I get a feeling this topic is going to be closed shortly smile.gif

Just my 3 cents worth (I got a pay rise smile.gif )

Quote:

How then are we help the guy out? Some detail is required. Not necessarily the minutae of each mouse click but SOMETIHNG would be nice. Even this would be better;

Maybe by not jumping down his throat for a starter. You may have a billion posts to your credit, and be a senior member, but I dont think it gives you the right to talk down to someone, and address them like they're on two way radio. Calling him Pal and signing off "OUT" is as rude as typing in caps. I took offense at your reply, since I was looking at it from the original posters point of view. And obviously a few other people here feel the same way, judging by the advice of "sit back, be quiet, and observe, and an answer will come. Just dont ask questions." from some other newer users.

I've ended up training a lot of new Mastercam users, both at the local college, and on their premises, and if I spoke to a new user like that, I wouldn't last 5 minutes.

And Jack, hehe...the old 2 cents worth saying seems to me, to have been around since I started using the internet....And I cant even remember when that was :/ I know I was still using paper tape and trig at the time smile.gif

I get a feeling this topic is going to be closed shortly smile.gif

Just my 3 cents worth (I got a pay rise smile.gif )

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

You may have a billion posts to your credit, and be a senior member, but I dont think it gives you the right to talk down to someone, and address them like they're on two way radio.

I was not talking down to him. On the interenet we do not have the ability to discern facial expression so we perhaps have to use words that are a bit more harsh than would be necessary face to face.

Also, the guy just came in here and bashed a good product! He didn't even ask a question!

quote:

Just installed V9.1--a couple of hours later I uninstalled it and reinstalled V9.0sp1...It took over one minute just to open up my operation library,and that was my first problem. I didn't hang around to find any more...

He started the rudeness so we're just bouncing it right back. If he's got a question then he should ask it. This was his very first post too. Nice way to introduce himself don't you think Mick? ... And you're defending the guy? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

quote:

I took offense at your reply, since I was looking at it from the original posters point of view.

This statement says a lot about you. The original post was rude and you're defending it!?!?!?

quote:

An instructor, eh? rolleyes.gif Lots of us here are. As such you should know that a learning environment is no place for rudeness. Teachers don't generally put up with it. (At least not teachers with a vertebral column.) eek.gif

Don't EVER forget; we're here helping people because WE WANT TO! NOT because we have to. NOT because we're getting paid to, and DEFINATELY NOT because they're paying to use it.

So, as I said before, if you're gonna post here, I suggest you do it with RESPECT, or risk getting the flaming you deserve.

'Rekd teh "Some people just don't get it."

Similar to robk's problem, I too have noticed that on a file get the amount of time waiting for the dailogue boxes to open seems longer that it did in V9.0SP1. I wish I had of timed it though - without the data, it is just an opinion.

As I only open files in the order of 2 or 3 times a day, then these two lost minutes of my life are really opportunities to reflect on the job I am about to complete. What a Luxury, thanks CNC Software...

PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG WITH THIS! The thread starter joined this forum 8 months ago. By now he SHOULD know the emotions and the loyalty to this software and our quick natured flames to posts of a harsh manner.

Maybe this guy really does have a problem, I know for myself that I get really pissed off sometimes when something doesnt work right, and have the tendensy to imediatly blame the software or someonelse besides myself. Once you calm down I generally relize that I, in fact, am the moron that caused the problem.

So maybe the guy really is frustrated, maybe he actually does have a valid problem. Next time a user in his perdicament needs to excersise alittle more tact. The flames IMO are justified, he has been around long enough to know proper edicate, 8 months and a first post like that eek.gif

OOOOO the lessons to be learned

the hard way

cheers.gif

A Word of Caution to those running V9.1 in conjunction with V9.0:

My experience from V9.1 Beta testing: V9.1 mc9 files are NOT downward compatible with V9.0 mc9 files.

Too be honest - I've only skimmed thru all of the V9.1 posts so if this was mentioned before, or has been resolved in the released version I humbly apologize...

Kathy

quote:

PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG WITH THIS!

quote:

The flames IMO are justified, he has been around long enough to know proper edicate, 8 months and a first post like that

Scott, I didn't mean to force anyone to do anything. Like I said before, the flames are justified. My meaning behind that post was not to accuse the

quote:

force our Power Users to be wimps

but to maybe make the newer users that are hanging around to think before they type.

quote:

My experience from V9.1 Beta testing: V9.1 mc9 files are NOT downward compatible with V9.0 mc9 files.

This is true, but nothing a 'regen all' hasn't fixed for me (so far). eek.gif It is likely related to the new features, (lead in/out, finish pocketing additions and the like), as they will not be recognized in the old version.

'Rekd teh "I have a ham sandwich" tongue.gif

robk,

If you're still around after this flame war got started, you might want to consider this statement from Trevor:

quote:

If anyone is interested, I just updated my XP Pro with all patches and my file-get problem is no more

I also have Win XP Pro with the latest in updates (seems almost daily) and File-Get and Save dialog boxes appear instantaneously. Even with the last location searching on our server with thousands of customer files in hundreds of folders to choose from. Just because something doesn't work the first time, doesn't necessarily mean it's a software issue. Most tech calls we get stem from hardware not being updated or with outdated O/S's and drivers. Many users aren't aware you shouldn't use an "off-the-shelf" system to run a highly complex application. Always use the latest proven drivers for video cards and printers and always keep the O/S updated. These things are like changing the oil in the car that you use to get you to work every day. With this in mind, try V9.1 again in a fresh directory (like Mcam91), and see if the updates to your computer aren't the real culprit in this never-ending saga. HTH cheers.gif