Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Feed Rates and o/t: What did you scrap this week??!!!

mmetzinger

Two fold question:

Part One (on Topic):

I have programmed a part and there are 3 opertaion steps. In the tool page, I have set the RPM and the feed rate. When I choose the tool in the operations, I get the feed rate (say 10 IPM). OK, no problem. Now, on the 3rd operation step, I want to set the feed rate to a different feed, say 1 IPM. No problem, highlite the field, type in the new feed rate. Ok, now I want to replace the tool with another tool. When I pick the new tool, it resets all 3 operations feed rates to what the new tool is. I don't want that. I want the 3rd operation step to retain the feed rate I typed in. How can I get MC to let me do this?

Yes it sounds strange, but it's how we do it. Not enough typing energy to go into the whole schpeel of how and why we do things.

Now, on to the fun. (Off topic)

What did you scrap this week?

mmetzinger,

Try picking the new tool first, then changing the feed rates. Editted to say that your feed rates are "attached" to your tools in the library. When you bring in another tool, it brings those "attached" feed rates with it.

Didn't scrap anything this week. tongue.gif

Thad

[ 04-24-2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: thad ]

jspangler

I agree about "wonderful" dynapath 20 control, but do you have a pleasure of working with dynapath 5c? eek.gif Your Z negatives are positives and vice-versa... Stay clear my friend, stay clear.

No scrap for this week (knock on wood)... smile.gif

[ 04-25-2003, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: robk ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

NOthing you can do. The feedrates are "related" to the tool. Pick the tool first then edit the speed/feed.

I got away clean this week. Didn't scrap anything. Course I've been working on tooling for the last week and a half/2weeks.

Knock on my beenie!

quote:

Ok, now I want to replace the tool with another tool. When I pick the new tool, it resets all 3 operations feed rates to what the new tool is. I don't want that. I want the 3rd operation step to retain the feed rate I typed in. How can I get MC to let me do this?

Rather than bring in a different tool from the tool library, try modifying the tool definition. That will keep MasterCAM from re-setting your feeds and speeds. Tools, once brought into a file, retin no association with the library they came from, so this won't mess up your libraries.

Note: Make sure to change the tool comment (on the parameters page) to reflect the changes you made to the tool definition.