Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC Software

Hello all. I am looking for new DNC software and was wondering what everybody uses. We have been using Focal Point for several years now and need to replace it. We are having issues feeding our HAAS mills and for some reason the software will shut itself down. I am looking at Predator as an option but would like to get some input from here. I think I just want something simple, simple seems to work longer. We are a mold shop and seldom make the same parts twice. All our programs are custom to each mold and then the nc file is deleted. I have 7 mills (4 HAAS, 3 Milltronics) and 1 HAAS lathe. We are looking at expanding over the next 18 months and will be re-vamping our CNC floor. Maybe wireless DNC is the way to go. Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say. Thanks in advance.

We use easydnc - does what it says on the box!

Never ran a program from it though - we use a pcmcia for big progs that won't fit in the control.

We also run a switchbox per machine - yes I know it's so last wednesday, but we have never had a problem.

There is software out there where you can call the prog from the control, but I believe you have to have all progs in the one directory to do this. And our directory structure is not like this.

I wouldn't use wireless - I'd always use cat5 shielded cable. But I am old school.

HTH

Hello all. I am looking for new DNC software and was wondering what everybody uses. We have been using Focal Point for several years now and need to replace it. We are having issues feeding our HAAS mills and for some reason the software will shut itself down. I am looking at Predator as an option but would like to get some input from here. I think I just want something simple, simple seems to work longer. We are a mold shop and seldom make the same parts twice. All our programs are custom to each mold and then the nc file is deleted. I have 7 mills (4 HAAS, 3 Milltronics) and 1 HAAS lathe. We are looking at expanding over the next 18 months and will be re-vamping our CNC floor. Maybe wireless DNC is the way to go. Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say. Thanks in advance.

I use the one from Ver 7.... B)

It was free :D

sure , it looks like this

%

:0001

(/REQ **insert program name**)

%

punch the entire O0001 from the machine , DNC Max will find it in the designated folder and return it to the machine 5 sec later

then, on the controller you simply need to load the program as usual

It actually looks like whatever you want it to look like; depends on the control. You can define the "trigger" in the Remote Request tab of the port configuration. We have a couple of old dogs that don't have comment editing capabilities and some of the Fanucs make it a PITA anyway, so we have F/78701234A instead of (/REQ 78701234A) on those