Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T What did I do this week.

ScottyB

Since nobody asked...

I hit zoom a thousand times so moving my cursor from one side of my screen to the other was only .0003". Then I UnZoomed until my 5'x5' table was mearly a speck in the universe. I always think of the ending of Men In Black when I do that.

Poll: Have you ever done this?

ScottyB.

TGIF

cheers.gif

I've got a little extra work if you need something to do.. biggrin.gif

I always get some "Unable to Zoom further" when I used to do that in Gibbs. Then z00m out 'til moving your mouse an inch on the screen moves like 45665321897243248354.25 inches.

'Rekd teh Are we having fun yet?

Got a dog and pony show (open house) today after work. Free beer and food if anyone wants to come to El Cajon at 5:00. (Charles, Trevor, you guys are invited personally. I know you don't drink, Trev, but we'll have grape juice for the kiddies if you want some eek.gif )

I only have 4 machines to run this week. One machine got put on hold. (Damn third party sales guys can't get anything right..) Running 3 different microwave housings on 3 machines, and a quickie 3 peice welded assembly on another machine. (uh... heh, huhuh, cool. He said.. xxxx. heheh.)

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if there were more than 1 person to do the programming, setups and runs for these 5 machines..

'Rekd teh One Armed Paper Hanger

[ 05-02-2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

I just placed the order for the Solids add-on. Now we have (3 seats) Ver 9.1 AND Solids!!! Yeaaaaa cool.gif

Hey, I now in modern world finally !! cheers.gif

Only problem is we are so darn busy I don't know where the time is to learn and train. mad.gif

"Better the problems of too much work than not enough"

Qoute:

"Better the problems of too much work than not enough"

--------------------------------------------------

You got that right.I'm surprised you guys can't hear the dog yelping from all the screwing going on here.

cheers.gif Noel

Worked on prototype flywheel covers for John Deere tractor got mold in yesterday molded 120 parts programmed and trimmed all 4 trim options and shipped them all at 10:00 a.m. this morning. Thats pretty good turn around I think. Now I'm going to goof off the rest of the day:)

Started programing with 9.1 Wire and created new (modified) posts for our charmilles. New post works great (of course this particular job is 2axis cutting only and essentially just a square hole with open tolerance) ohhhh challange.

On the other hand tooling up for another "Superpart" yes thats what our mrketeering experts call em'.

Superpart:

pronounced soop-er'-part

n. any part having all of the following qualities:

1) Material - Titanium Alloy

2) Tapped Holes #2-56 or smaller x 2.5 D or greater.

3) TIR of diameters and faces < .0002".

4) Size Tols on ID's and OD's < .0002".

5) Surface Finish < 8 microinch.

Synonym - PITA eek.gif

Puckerin' up biggrin.gif

[ 05-02-2003, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: CPeast ]

quote:

Worked on prototype flywheel covers for John Deere tractor got mold in yesterday molded 120 parts programmed and trimmed all 4 trim options and shipped them all at 10:00 a.m. this morning. Thats pretty good turn around I think. Now I'm going to goof off the rest of the day:)

Not to pick on you or to single you out - but the Chineese are still at work making more molds and parts. Idle time after the completion of one project just adds cost to that and the next project (get the sales guy working to find you more work!)

My dad told me when I was young that "A Work Day is a Work Day - and a Holiday is a Holiday!"

Was just kidding anyway working on other stuff also the priority isn't as hot as that job is and those great engineers don't have all there information ready yet either don't you love that stuff also. Helping manufacturing on process improvement. Kaizen is a big item around here now.

Nothing frown.gif

Keep getting half way into projects only to get pulled for something more important.

Only go get half way into that to get pulled for something even more important.

Wash, rinse, repeat...

Now I have to work all weekend to play catch up. frown.gif

Looking forward to going to the movies with my wife tomorow night. smile.gif

Bryan smile.gif