Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

posting out operations seperatly

Sandybar

Never have I seen this, but in my new (to me) lathe MD CD and post, it is posting the code out each operation as an individual program. I have 6 operations and it posted out each operation seperatly. What do I need to do to get it all one program.

Thanks in advance

Ken

I'll bet that you with you had a dollar for every time youve answered that question. :D

I wish I had a dollar everytime I saw that question. In other systems, the program name is a group so you don't need to worry about this. Other important issues are also, like the machine coordinate system and such.

You've got six different options here.. how you have your config file set up changes the results..

to complicate matters, depending of how you've set your options, imported operations may or may not

rename themselves as they are imported. Its very simple to check this before you post

It is.. I seet my posting option to "Ask".

If I'm posting a file and it "Asks" me more than once, I know I have a problem.

Automation is a far better solution and you know that, just admit it :p

Edit, every time I copy an operation from one op to another, I need to change the WCS, and then do this dance with the NC file name. Well, I won't need to do this for too much longer... B)

I'm sure NX will have it's own little idiosyncrasies that drive you batty

every software does :rolleyes:

I will never deny that statement and I have already found some of those but the gains outweight them 100X.

Dave,

try this,

inhale deeper and hold....................

soon you will embelish and bow down to the work arounds and be happy with the basic nonfunctional features

That's why I am going down another road - holding my breath too long :p

• Like 1