Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hybrid Finishing

cunder

• 3 weeks later...

I have used it several times, all successful, in MU1.

I set the step down and step over the same and use 89° exclusively for a perfect constant scallop.

here is an example using it on a heat sink type cavity mold

hybrid2.jpg

Hope this helps

Its my favorite path and saves me from doing a rest waterline and then a finish waterline and then a finish scallop,

to (finish) irregular shaped contoured 3-d mold components

now I just do a rest waterline and then the hybrid

Cheers

Rick

Ok hybrid experts, check this one out.

This attached file has two exactly the same hybrid toolpaths in it. The only difference being one (operation #2) is being driven by the solid as selected in Mastercam in the graphics screen. The other toolpath (operation #1) is being driven by the exact same solid saved as an STL file.

For some strange reason the toolpath being driven by the solid inside of mastercam gouges where the toolpath (op1) being driven by the STL files looks great. What gives!

If you are going to check this file for your self you will need to save off your own copy of the solid model as an STL and drive operation 1 with it.

This also is not the first time I have run in to this where an external STL file gives much better results than selecting a solid inside of mastercam. This is a BIG problem the way I see it. BTW before you think it I will tell you this solid was built inside of mastercam.

Thanks,

Kevin C.

X5HYBRIDISSUE.zip

This is a very very strange issue. I just tried running no hist on the solid and it still gouges, It just gouges in slightly different areas???

Also to add insult to injury the op with the STL for drive surfaces regens about 3 or 4 times faster than the op with the solid tied to it.

Thanks guys,

Kevin C.

cobra kev, i wil not use solids ever, MC imo does not play well with them,

I also never use, make or convert stl's, i use surfaces (from solids) and only that

with all my moulds. Don't remember the last time I had a gouge.

customers that send me igs, also no problems

Sounds like you have a bad file from your customer