Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High Performance Endmills

My link OR My link

I have seen the Fraisa NX-NV, Base-X Vario, NX-NVD AND the Scorpion 400 series beat the Hanita VariMills.

fyi: In my opinion GorillaMill's should only be sold at WalMart! :D

I wouldn't even suggest Wal Mart sell em......they are complete garbage.

Had a Gorilla Mill rep come in and I showed him a Fraisa P5956.530 (1/2" w/.09 Rad) that I was using at the time semi-roughing a mold insert and he handed me a similar tool (1/2 w/.09 rad) and asked me to use it in place of the Fraisa with the same s/f and after about 20 seconds the end of the cutter turned into a big red glowing blob and dissapeared. LOL

Rep said "huh, s/f must be wrong" and I LOL'ed. Ended up the GM rpm was less than 50% of the Fraisa and the IPM was 33% and it still only lasted around 30 minutes. BTW, I run the Fraisa endmill 6040 RPM @ 102 IPM, .09 DOC, 75% WOC with air blast and it will last around 3 hours in raw H-13

I use Fraisa EXCLUSIVELY......solid carbide, HSS, inserted, CTS drills, threadmills...........Fraisa ROCKS

edit: and the GM is higher priced than the Fraisa :rolleyes:

What do you guys think of OSG. I swtiched to them after I realized how crappy Accupro tools were.

OSG makes really good tooling, but I find them to be a little pricey.

Although I do use their Blizzards for Aluminum. They are pretty darn good.

• 2 months later...

We just switched a job in 17-4 over to IMCO's newest 5 flute tool, and it more than doubled the tool life over the MA Ford we were using before. The tools are priced almost identically, but I was getting a screaming deal on the Fords because I had to buy 45 at a time to finish a one month order of parts. :blink: Even paying full pop for the IMCOs, we're coming out money ahead.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I like Destiny tools. They are really proud of 'em though. :D My favorites for steels, Ti, and exotics are the Raptor 3/6. I like Hanita Varimills. Never used Fraisa, but I will say I've never heard an unkind word about 'em.

Aluminum is not a really picky material, using the right cutting parameters the tool would have to truly $#!+ to not get the job done. That being said in Aluminum... I like Harvey, Robb Jack, and Data Flute's HVM series. There's others that do well enough but these are my favorites.

We just switched a job in 17-4 over to IMCO's newest 5 flute tool, and it more than doubled the tool life over the MA Ford we were using before. The tools are priced almost identically, but I was getting a screaming deal on the Fords because I had to buy 45 at a time to finish a one month order of parts. :blink: Even paying full pop for the IMCOs, we're coming out money ahead.

Which Imco em's, the Endura? I've used the Enduras and the powerfeeds, they are alright, priced pretty cheap iirc. The endura offered good performance but the 1/2" ones we were using vibrated the machines like crazy. And I don't mean chatter, the whole machine and floor was vibrating like, well, a vibrator :o

I got better tool life with them then the Iscar, but not as good as the Seco, Destiny raptors, or Deboer T mills.

I like Destiny tools. They are really proud of 'em though. :D My favorites for steels, Ti, and exotics are the Raptor 3/6. I like Hanita Varimills. Never used Fraisa, but I will say I've never heard an unkind word about 'em.

Aluminum is not a really picky material, using the right cutting parameters the tool would have to truly $#!+ to not get the job done. That being said in Aluminum... I like Harvey, Robb Jack, and Data Flute's HVM series. There's others that do well enough but these are my favorites.

The raptor is a neat tool, but I got better tool life with the Deboer T mill or Seco em's. I really like the Destiny aluminum cutters.

I like Destiny tools. They are really proud of 'em though. :D

One of my welders knows the son of the guy who started Destiny tools. He told me about them the other day and I had the owner come in and give me his sales pitch. I'm glad to hear that they make good tools because they are only like 5 miles away from me. Might as well buy tools from some place close.

I like Destiny tools. They are really proud of 'em though. :D My favorites for steels, Ti, and exotics are the Raptor 3/6. I like Hanita Varimills.

Speaking of Destiny tools....The Raptor DVH would be a direct competitor to the varimill/ powerfeed/ z-carb/ ect. My initial testing are showing very positive results.

By far the most impressive "variable" tool that I have run would be This Guy. However, their prices make the Destiny look like a bargan basement tool.

• 2 weeks later...