Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Free MastercamX setup sheets for milling

friggenbozo!

Mastercam X5 has dropped the GUI tool list maker. The replacement is meant to be active designer.

The problem is the default setup sheets are enormously fat and super slow. The information supplied in

the setup sheets is nothing short of overwhelming.

So I edited up a nice set of sheets for 3 axis milling, really fast and gives all the info I want to see.

The files contain a text file explaining where to copy the new sheets, and there's a batch file for

one click install if your installed in default places.

These setup sheets will not in any way overwrite your existing sheets. It will just add another set of sheets

to pick from called friggenmill.

The files are located here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34947158/Friggen_Setup_sheets.rar

cheers!

Stupid question time. I downloaded this file now what? Set-up sheets are a major pain in the arse here. I am looking for solutions.

Un zip the file and follow the instructions

Theres a .txt file that tell you what to do.

PEACE :D

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing.

Nice first post for a noob :D :D

Welcome to the forum :old forum cheers:

thanx, i been on this forum for 10 years. It's just that I forgot my password and my old email addy isnt working. After reading a bunch of awesome stuff on x5 here I felt compelled to contribute to your forum.

I do have a lagit question:

coming off ug i want to cut solids, not surfs, but it seems like after 6 months of usage the solid machining part is lacking...

The solid creation is really lacking and I know that for sure, but is the machining of solids worth my time and effort?

Guest SAIPEM

I always drive 3d paths off surfaces and dont care to use solids (just my opinion)

other than to extract geo from. 2D paths as well

You do realize that it does not matter which you use.

Surfaces or Solids, Mastercam is still tessellating the model for Tooolpath calculation.

So is every other CAM system on Planet Earth.

You do realize that it does not matter which you use.

Surfaces or Solids, Mastercam is still tessellating the model for Tooolpath calculation.

So is every other CAM system on Planet Earth.

The limitation I see is the tools to work with the solid are lacking, selection especially.

Maybe I'm wrong on this?

The limitation I see is the tools to work with the solid are lacking, selection especially.

Maybe I'm wrong on this?

What are you trying to do?

There was a nice face color enhancement in X5, where you can set faces to colrs, then use a colr mask select to make the process easier.

What are you trying to do?

There was a nice face color enhancement in X5, where you can set faces to colrs, then use a colr mask select to make the process easier.

Yep, I seen that. That makes it A LOT better...

I guess I'm thrown off by not being able to select individual faces. Like color for example...

I cant just right click a new color on a face.

I'm off to check out the color enhancer...

Guest SAIPEM

Yep, I seen that. That makes it A LOT better...

I guess I'm thrown off by not being able to select individual faces. Like color for example...

I cant just right click a new color on a face.

I'm off to check out the color enhancer...

You are able to select individual faces.

Your problem lies in that you probably have the wrong filter selected on the Toolbar.

It sounds like you have the entire body filter on or you don't have solid selection activated at all.

Try just using the faces filter.

HTH.