Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wheres the newbies

mold100

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Some of you guys spend so much time on this forum I often wonder when you actually produce something.

If I didn't spend so much time on this forum, I would never have been able to produce anything. And if the guys didn't spend so much time on here helping others, we (newbies) would have nothing to read and learn from.

Well Scrap, at least for your first post you didn't ask for a post...lol

If the newbies dont feel comfortable posting, then so be it. Those of us who "do" post are just helping more people than we relize.

As far as the attitudes that have been mentioned, you get an attitude when you are genuinely pationite about something. The power users in here a pationate, so to diss MC is to diss them. thats when the flames start....

quote:

James, Have you always been a suckash?

rolleyes.gif

cheers.gif to the forum

Gues Im a newbie,

Registered last June ... Hey my ANIVERSARY biggrin.gif

No avitar either frown.gif

I just surfed the forum for the first 6 months or so. For a year or so I was working for a company that was still running Smart Cam. I was in the process of buying MC so I joined the forum. I never could get the owner to spend the dough for MC, and eventually returned to my previous job where I brough MasterCAM in many years ago. so I jumped from V 7.2 (when I left 3years ago) to V9.0. Cruising the forum was a great way to get caught up and I didnt need to ask, the search function got me any answers I needed.

In the past few months, I began posting more and hopefully being helpful. Interestingly a couple of my early posts were knocking James "Beaney Boy" and Rekd teh flame thrower for falaming someone I thought didnt deserve it. biggrin.gif

Ive since gained a little more insight into where they are coming from (hair trigger not withstanding) biggrin.gif

Personally if you cant put your duck suit on and deal with a little jabbing as an unbashful newbie in a forum, I think you got big problems in this biz. Programmers get a rough go until they earn their stripes among the operators. What goes on in here is nuthin' compared to what you can get from som 20 year primadonna who never programmed anything but mazatrol wink.gif

Hey ... do I get an avatar soon ?

[ 06-05-2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: CAMmando ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Have you always been a suckash?

Have you always been a hillbilly? wink.gif

J/K

So that's your first post eh? That's nothing compared to Jack's personal roast on me and on Jay and a couple other senior members in here. He pretty much verbally tarred and feathered(sp?) us. We flamed back though. Generally we have pretty thick skin. You have to, to be a young programmer and taking guff from dinosaurs that can barely spell "CNC".

As for Andrew's

quote:

Where do I sign up to get on that paid endorsement plan??...

Well he's not perfect I'm sure, but anybody that can successfully write hardcore Mill-Turn posts (ala Mazak Integrex and Mori Seiki MT) definitely belongs in that category wouldn't you agree? There's probably 3 others in here that I can think of that deserve that title as well.

BTW - I don't get paid to contribute, it would be nice but I can only dream. rolleyes.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Have you always been a suckash?

And another thing, my compliments are always sincere 'else I won't say 'em, and I have absolutely positively noting to gain by complimenting Webby or the kind folks at Mastercam. I'll give them props if they deserve it, and I'll be critical if I need to be as well. Matter of fact I've been chastened(sp) by both Webby and Brian Summers in here so there.

Next time, come in here and contribute something that is actually helpful and we'll all get along just fine.

To All Newbies,

Welcome to the forum. The best advice you could get from this is to READ the FAQ's first ("Just the FAQ's, Ma'am"). biggrin.gif There are lots of great contributors here, even if sometimes they are having a bad day and that shows in the replies. Keep an open mind and you'll learn from them.

mold100,

I'm curious. What the hell is your new avatar supposed to be? A heart? A turbo? A supercharger? I come back from honeymoon and I find that half the avatars have changed. frown.gif I just don't get it.

For all those asking if they get an avatar soon. You will after 200 posts. That's either replies to posts or topics of your own. Have fun. Life's too long to get bitchy about everything. biggrin.gifcheers.gif

Peter,

The avatar is a choke hold if you ever seen Ultimate fighting challenge, King of the cage, Pride fighting, or K-1 kickboxing youll see them wearing TapouT gear the avatar is one of their logos I have some tapout clothing and this is on the sleeves.I am really into combat fighting and mixed martial arts.Not to many people got it, rekd came close he seen it was a wrestling hold.

i read to forum alot i just never post.been using mc 8 now 9 for about a year self taught. for all you nascar fans martinsville has lots of decent jobs 45min. commute north or south, a few here mine not being one of them.But for selling a few hotdogs i get to see 2 nascar and a busch grand national free every year and i paid 45k for a 3 BR 2bath house with an acre 1/2 fenced in backyard.

I've been running MC9 for 11 months. I'm hooked. Love the forum, lots of knowledgable responses. Quick question for those familiar with Rhino: What would be Rhino's equivalent to MC's Coons Surface function? Does it use more than one function to simulate the Coons surface technique?