Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Adjusting Pocket Toolpath Generation

BadCompany

I am having problems generating a round pocket. I am trying to go into the part and cut a round true spiral pocket the thing is every time it generates the tool path it moves in a spiral until it gets to the end of the rough and then moves over in a straight line kind of across the pocket to start a finish cut. Why cant I get it to just spiral to the final cut. Is there a way to fix this? Im running X4Mu3

Thanks

Matt

try this

break your circle so you have one segment .100 long or so

chain that segment first.

the problem is, the pocket toolpath starts the finish path at the midpoint of the first chain

by breaking the chain, you can control where the finish path starts.

this is way too much trouble for one off parts, but well worth it for production runs

try this

break your circle so you have one segment .100 long or so

chain that segment first.

the problem is, the pocket toolpath starts the finish path at the midpoint of the first chain

by breaking the chain, you can control where the finish path starts.

this is way too much trouble for one off parts, but well worth it for production runs

I tried what you were saying but still having trouble getting the results I want. There is no way to adjust how Master cam actually generates the tool path?? Is there a way perhaps through a C-Hook I could provide an option for this?

Thanks

I tried what you were saying but still having trouble getting the results I want. There is no way to adjust how Master cam actually generates the tool path?? Is there a way perhaps through a C-Hook I could provide an option for this?

Thanks

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

get a job at cnc software.

sorry i am an xxxx had to thought my 2 cents in

i agree with gcode. not worth the trouble