Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 9.1 on a laptop

Müřlıń®

Hey guys I have a Dell Duo Core latitude D620 and ver 9.1 crashes on start up.

X3, X4, and X5 work somewhat but they tend to want more resources than I have so I thought I would try 9 since doesnt take much to run that version.

I have XP and the Intel onboard grafx card.

Anyone have a clue why 9 wont fire up?

Thanks...

You tried the drivers on www.mastercam.com

drivers_x.exe and Hasp9.zip?

Yas tried everything except running in win 95 mode.....try that next but I don't think ir is going to help.

Must be the video driver just nuking out before the bluescreen....never seen that though video usually bluescreens...

C:\Mcam9\mill9.cfg is where it is on my system.

I always assumed the original was created by the install.

Maybe you could drop a copy in for a desktop machine..

Can't hurt anything to try.... but this is starting to sound like a lost cause.

Did that too G.

Even set the data allocations way down crashes before it can even load the icons....must be a driver issue...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The CFG gets created on the first launch not the install. He's not completing a launch so it never gets created.

Sorry Murlin... your sled does not have the Video Ponies. The only other solution I can figure is possibly starting Windows up in Safe Mode, then seeing if you can get MC to launch so it will created the CFG file then try changing the OpenGL settings. G's right though, it's not Dell's fault... you're asking too much from an older consumer laptop.

The CFG gets created on the first launch not the install. He's not completing a launch so it never gets created.

Sorry Murlin... your sled does not have the Video Ponies. The only other solution I can figure is possibly starting Windows up in Safe Mode, then seeing if you can get MC to launch so it will created the CFG file then try changing the OpenGL settings. G's right though, it's not Dell's fault... you're asking too much from an older consumer laptop.

Ya.....all I wanted it to do was to run my digitizer in the field. I think I have X3 now set up to do that. 9 would have made surfs.

Just creating points anyway. Coons will be created back at the shop on good puter.

I had the same issue after I loaded version X on my coumputer. Could no longer get version 9.1 to start. After days of trying fixes just found that they didn't like being on the same computer running XP. I ended up having to reinstall windows xp and reload 9.1 in order to get it to run again.

You go to Mastercam 9.1 > CNC Reg > ActiceX/DLL Components > then register the file "mcbitmap.ocx" again, It should fix the problem.

HTH