Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What did you make this week? © 06/27/03

Keith Graydon

Just basic machining this week. Extruded aluminum heat sink stock..ugh. Took Yesterday off 'tho. General George Washington visited my town. On the exact anniversary that he did 225 years ago. Just as HOT then too! 95f. This is all explained At this web site click, events/dates..Continental Army...Cranbury Township. Washington Marched down my street., Station Rd. Just a cart path then. The Re-enactment battle will be Saturday. 3000 re-enactors. 40 cannon. eek.gif 10/12 minutes away

quote:

40 cannon

w00t!!! Cannons!!!!!!!!!

I made more cheesy chinese castings with like 57% sand! eek.gif

Made some sample parts we quoted for a customer that can't make up his mind. (done this before, guy doesn't want to make up his mind about a part, so we parked one in his hands and he said "Awsome! Make more!")

Finished up some big 'ol alum parts on the 4th axis.

Quoted about 1300 hours of stuff that needs to be done in just a few weeks eek.gif (/me whips out the calculator; 5 machines times 70 hrs/week divided by 1.5 people to program/set them up and 2.5 people to run them equals ---ERROR--- )

Took some time off.

Had some Rum & Coke

Found out the wife's gonna be making more money than me in 2 weeks... rolleyes.gif

'Rekd teh Calm before the storm

[ 06-27-2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Not realated to Mastercam, but I ground all the reamers for the Harley Davidson V-Rod Motor rebuild kits. 556 reamers, with this running on one shift and only one machine (Walter Power Production CNC Cutter Grinder) I need a BEER, and Beer thirty is approching!

cheers.gif

Hey Keith,

95F. I guess the rain has finally stopped in N.J.

You guys in the USA sure have the battle renactment events nailed down. They are incredible to watch. Must have something to do with not having to have your firearms locked up tight.

I made prototype fly reel spools this week and programed for propeller nuts.

Phil

Hmmm...this week I finished up modeling a jukebox toy in rhino, machined it, molded it and got some castings. This of course is after I was ready to cast parts and they decided to change it causing me to build, machine and mold half the freakin model again.

Did an extreme rush job of a lid for some kind of bin, it was in and out of here so fast i dont even remember what it looked like.

Did a small electronic keychain database thingy.

Right now I'm toolpathing and machining some sort of fancy schmancy alarm clock.

[ 06-27-2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Did a bunch of prototype/test work. If you fly SAS Airlines after November, you'll be able to catch some of my handywork. Also if you fly on a U.S. Air Commuter flight, you'll also see some of my handywork.

I made nothing this week.

I took some tech calls.

I got two complex 4-axis jobs in for next week. I’ll work on the programs and fixture then.

But all in all nothing, oh wait, I did take the two boys to Legoland, the park twice, we had craft day and made place mats, worked on number and letter recognition with the oldest, built a new track layout for their Thomas the Train set, enrolled the oldest in pre-school, and played in the blow up pool once the weather warmed up.

I'm exhausted. biggrin.gif

[ 06-27-2003, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Marc Lindsey at San Diego CAD CAM ]

I sat on my butt and finished off my programming for 2 MUD type frames for our foam molding machine down in Texas. Watched the raw material come in on trucks. I started programming a new mold for some 90 deg elbows that has swinging cores.

Go to any major chain hardware store like OSH or Home Depot and look for NDS products where the irrigation section is.

No machining this week, except for a prototype part I'm working on. Ran a thru contour around the part's perimeter - on cardboard. The bosses will take a looksie and decide if it's a go. If they like it, next step is to attach surfaces with a sloped-curve look across part. I'll start machining the finished design next week sometime.

Worked on spoiler designs (the 'wings' you see on automobiles). A tough design and machine!

Also, catched up on a lot of reading this week. Scoured over MC Handbook 1, picking up some nice pointers. I'll finish reading it this weekend at home. Nice book. Volume 2 is next week.

O.K., I'm done boring you to tears rolleyes.gif

Damn, I gotta get a job that has more instant gratification! I have one project that has been in the shop for over a year and a half and it still is an abortion. It is amazing that the same job can be f****d up for that long. Oh well, sounds like y'all are making some pretty cool stuff. I am programming for electrodes as I do all day long, all week long, all month long...uh oh! gotta stop now, gettin' myself depressed. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cut the shrink off of 3 prototype molds to 1:1 for contour checking gages and put all the trim on them with trim tolerance. Also did a rush job on polaris victory motorcycle the seat base had to prototype 150 samples for them in 2 days. been busy still can't work any overtime though:(

Then played with kiddies and changing motor out on boat for the 4th of july. gotta get that thing running by the weekend.