Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Your shops smoking policy?

Incognito

I am working on creating a smoking policy for our facility.

What is your shops current smoking policy?

Are you allowed to smoke on the premisses, at the machine, only at a designated breaks? Do you have a designated smoking area? :whistle:

Thanks for your replies.

I was not able to post in the Off topic forum so mods please move to off topic.

Here in Idaho, there is about an even distribution of smokers and non-smokers in the shop. I don't smoke, but the other programmer does. Plus we are sitting in an un-enclosed area of the shop (Just a corner between two machines, actually). So, we have a LOUD, NOISEY, DUSTY, SMOKEY environment. There is no law or shop requirement about smoking in the workplace.

At this point, smokers are a minor thing. You have to wear earplugs just to be able to sit there and work.

Us too.

Geez Joe, don't you know smoking is a fundamental human right and that they are entitled to 2 extra breaks a day?

Mike

LOL. I already have one guy that spends 1-2 hours a day blowing up the bathroom. I don't need to pay any more people for not working. :lol:

photo-7.jpg

Here in Minnesota they allow no smoking in any building/place of business. My shop does have a designated smoking area outside with 2 smoke butler ashtrays and a canopy overhead to prevent us from getting soaked or snow covered. Smokers here get exactly the same breaks as all the non-smokers. However, if the owner finds butts on the ground, ANYWHERE on the property, we get a posted warning. If it happens again within 3 months, he will remove the smoking area from the property and we will only be allowed to smoke elsewhere (not company property)

I have forgotten what it was like to be able to smoke indoors, let alone in the shop. Been a couple years since we could even smoke at the bar here

Smoking hasn't been allowed inside the workplace here for years. The place I work for took it one step further and banned smoking on the property at all. Down to the sidewalk they go. They are not even supposed to light up in their car in the parking lot, and this applies to any sub trades working on the properly also.

LOL. I already have one guy that spends 1-2 hours a day blowing up the bathroom. I don't need to pay any more people for not working. :lol:

so its safe to say this guy is literally full of sh*t??? i couldnt resist!! :rofl:

yeah but we also cannot smoke in the buliding, we are outside in a designated area,, there are 2 breaks a day for everyone 10min each plus lunch time