Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam won't exit

I was wondering if anybody still gets this issue. I get it quite often still. I tried this file in X7 Mu1 and it still would not regen, or allow me to close mastercam. I had to end process on the task to be able to move forward. I made a small video of how mastecam reacts when I get this problem. I zipped it and attached it to this post. If you watch the video notice that I cannot even select a different operation. The check mark will not move. The Multi-thread manager just stays on "waiting to translate" forever. If you try and stop the process, it will not stop. I have waited a very long time. The video was made using X6 MU3 but it does the exact same thing in X7 MU1. Anyway, I was just curious if anybody else is still seeing this, or if anyone knows a way to avoid this issue. Thanks

lock up.zip

Jyrgus - Can you reproduce the steps that led up to it? if so, write down (or better yet, record like you did there) those steps, and get that into [email protected].

From the video, though, it looked like it was already processing that multithreaded toolpath, and was waiting to put it back into the ops manager but something was preventing it.

I know this thread is old, but I tried Hitachi's steps above, and didn't have any issues on my X7 SP1.

Thanks for your reply Aron, It seems that I have made this operation work for now, so I cannot reproduce it at this moment. The next time I run into this i will make another video and document .what I did a little more and post it back to this thread

I used to have this problem with x6. It went away when I started fresh and didn't import any config files at all. Must be something about upgrading.

Agreed.

I would try resetting your config file - C:\Users\NAME\Documents\my mcamx6 (x6) or C:\Users\NAME\Documents\my mcamx5 (x5). Just rename the file "mcamx.config" to "mcamxold.config" in those locations and it should regenerate that file upon re-opening mastercam. Then you may need to set your screen colors etc. but this may correct those issues if this file was copied over from another computer or version or if this file was corrupted in any way. You can contact your re seller and they should be able to provide you with more detailed instructions.

I attempted to do a little better documentation of the issue I am having in X6Mu3. I loaded a file that I was moving from one machine to another and changing the roughing process. I took an Rest rough operation that was tied to a cad file for rest roughing and pointed it to a stock model operation. I repeatedly locked up mastercam. This is the video of that happening. (had to put it on youtube because it was to big for attachment, and I edited out the parts where it is just sitting and calculating, yet it is still long)

http://youtu.be/0HoJ8pMRPWI

While I was editing the video and uploading it, I had time to try a few things. I loaded it in X7 and was able to get it to work. Post wise, I am not ready to switch to X7 just yet. Also, I loaded it in another pc in the department and it runs ok. So I must have an issue with my pc in X6. So I think for the time being I have a work around for this file, but I still wanted to post this video so maybe it will help you find an issue that may exist in mastercam.

Ok, Not sure if anyone is following this or not, but I think I found something out about this issue. After I the issue went away, it came back again. Like any good issue does. I re-install MC to see if I that would resolve anything. At first it did, Then later i had the issue again. What i noticed was that I had the operations manager docked when it regened correctly, and undocked on my second monitor when it did not. So I undocked my operations manager and reloaded the file and the regen was successful. Save the file and reloaded my incremental backup with a still dirty operation, undocked my operations manager and it fails every time. I will see moving forward if this consistently solves this issue.

Ok, Not sure if anyone is following this or not, but I think I found something out about this issue. After I the issue went away, it came back again. Like any good issue does. I re-install MC to see if I that would resolve anything. At first it did, Then later i had the issue again. What i noticed was that I had the operations manager docked when it regened correctly, and undocked on my second monitor when it did not. So I undocked my operations manager and reloaded the file and the regen was successful. Save the file and reloaded my incremental backup with a still dirty operation, undocked my operations manager and it fails every time. I will see moving forward if this consistently solves this issue.

Jrygus - Sorry, I've been busy with our open house here and missed the updates (this dropped off to the dreaded 2nd page!). Have you been in touch with techsupport or QC about this, since it seems to be repeatable?

Jyrgus,

I see you are running a very nice Quadro video card and dual monitors.

I was wondering if you have the Nvidia Desktop Manager enabled.

You should find it in the Control Panel.

I'm hoping you are not running the Desktop Manager and turning it on will fix this issue.

If you don't have Nvidia Desktop Manager in your Control Panel,

I'll venture a guess that you are running Dell video drivers.

If that is the case, you should uninstall them and install the latest greatest from Nividia

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I don't know why, but it seems like Dell always cuts Desktop Manager out of their drivers, at least they used to.

I haven't run Dell video drivers for years

I have not. Do I just send them the file and explain the issue?

You can send it to them directly, or just contact your reseller and let them fight the good fight for you :) Technical Support's email is [email protected] or [email protected]. The hardest thing for the guys in the trenches over here is getting a repeatable problem, so if you can give a file and a step-by-step to recreate your problem, you're 75% of the way there.

• 8 months later...

Ok, Not sure if anyone is following this or not... but I think I found something out about this issue... What i noticed was that I had the operations manager docked when it regened correctly, and undocked on my second monitor when it did not.

THAT solves this problem.

I was having this exact same issue trying to change some pretty heavy duty toolpaths... I did a search for where it was hanging up on me, which was "Waiting to Translate" and I found this thread.

I docked my Ops Manager... regen... and problem solved.

eMastercam fricken RULZ!!!

Thanks guys.