Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 Post Guide?

Yes, there is a new post guide specific for McamX6. It is made up of a number of PDF volumes that are searchable.

You can request the MP_Documentation through your reseller.

The file is about 50meg so you'll need to transfer over a ftp or copy it to a flash memory.

I hate to say this and sorry to be rude but if we knew that we could ask for the dealer then why we come to this wonderful forum website? On the other hand, it takes weeks just to find out who is doing what and restrictions in the company just to get what we need. For instance, signatures required for approval ABC...,

I hope my comment won't make you unhappy but please understand us that we really need your help because the place where we work is lack of communication if we all don't consider of the word "I work for a suck company".... hiihhi....

Good night,

Steven.L

I hate to say this and sorry to be rude but if we knew that we could ask for the dealer then why we come to this wonderful forum website?

Because SOME files ONLY come THROUGH the dealer

I can say a lot of things, but I work for a dealer and John works for a dealer and we have access to items you may not. If you contact your dealer then they should be able to provide you what you need. I learned tons of thing before there was documentation and have tried to help point you in the right direction in other thread. Sorry you work for who you do, but there are certain rules we must follow.

• 2 weeks later...

If I were after it, I would let him know that significant is a relative term, there is no way the two of us have the same base to measure significance of changes, so I would like you to get off your *** and mail me the documents. Or deliver them with some pizza.gif!!!!

But I still use the X5 docs....zorro.gif

are there any changes that will make me wish i had an X6 post guide?

Ah,... yah, :blink: it's the first major rewrite of the post guide since V9

mail me the documents

The file is 49meg worth of searchable pdfs, you'll need to transfer using an ftp or copy to flash memory.

so i contacted my reseller and he said "There have not been any significant changes for X6, so the X5 documents still apply."

are there any changes that will make me wish i had an X6 post guide?

thanks!

Hebrewhammer,

While this is somewhat correct, there have been changes to the NCI and Parameter Reference Guide for X6. The MP Documentation Portfolio contains our older V9 reference documentation, and the updated information in the NCI/Param reference.

For 95% of post writers out there, the X5 MP Portfolio will be sufficient for post work in X6. The only things that have really changed are specific Parameter numbers for doing parameter queries in the pparameter$, pwrtt$, and pwrttparams$ sections.

If you are in the 5% that does a lot of parameter reading, then you will want the updated guide...

Best regards,